Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I imagine the hope this season is that they increase the income to accommodate a larger wage bill, to expand the squad, swapping players for better ones is great, but what really guarantees higher positions tends to be greater depth. I wonder if the stadium renaming was a panic decision if revenues weren't doing as well as hoped.

While I'm not condoning the stadium renaming, I'm not sure a sugardaddy owner would be brilliant in the long term. One wonders what will happen to Man City when the owners lose interest? Will they find someone else willing to fund that? I also think that to some extend a lot of the league is a financial stack of cards, how long can this much money wash around the Premier league while the rest of the economy is in taters?

The sentiment is great, but it's not going to happen and to expect otherwise is simply false hope. The club are following a modified Ajax-model - buy low, improve the player's reputation, sell high, repeat. I don't think any player in the club is exempt from this and that will be the case as long as the current owners are in the driving seat. It's a gamble, especially in terms of finding the right replacements, but the silver lining is that if the players are performing well enough for the model to work, then our league position should at least reflect that.

I don't see how expecting to hold on to our better players should be seen as false hope.  You don't have to sell players to increase revenue and it's just the easy way out for the club.  If we increase our performances on the field then that should be reflected in our performance off the field.  It’s been shown time after time that we’ve increased our income substantially when we’ve been doing well in the league and been playing in Europe.

Getting to the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup would bring in something like £8 million a year and getting that far in that competition isn’t too difficult.  We look to be very close to being able to take the step needed.  Being in a league position to qualify would probably require a 6th place finish and that alone would bring in over £3 million when compared to where we finished last season.

If we try to sell and buy constantly to increase our income then sooner or later it will go wrong and turn to shit.  We will have to start showing some ambition if we're to avoind going backwards and now would be as good a time as any.

It's false hope because that's what's going to happen, whether it's right or wrong. Simple as that.

I don't want him to go at all, but the two clowns at the top of the club will always think of making £££ first with a sale.

Aye, they'll sell him for £25m even though he's worth "fack aw" and they'll get the money "ap frant" as well, don't worry about it.

As much as we clearly bought well over the summer - better than I thought we had in hindsight - I do think there are holes in the squad that we should have plugged with the money we had.  I'm still very apprehensive about centre half cover and yesterday we had nobody on the bench who could help change the game.

It's such a sad state of affairs though that we get a great player and can't keep him more than 1 and a half seasons, even if we get great money for him. If we are going to be buying and selling like this I would prefer we sold while we already had someone breaking through the ranks behind, rather than crossing fingers and hoping whoever we bring in, even if it looks safe as houses purchase, fits in.

His current gaff is up for sale and has been for almost 6 weeks.

That's not his current house. He just moved into a new house in Jesmond 6 weeks ago.

Why were his cars parked outside the Lindisfarne Close gaff a couple of weeks back?

He just moved into Lindisfarne Close 6 weeks or so ago. He lives next door to my mate. As discussed earlier in the thread, Tiote came round to watch the match with us y'day, he was also getting his new satellite system fitted y'day afternoon.

We cannot sell him in January that would be league suicide, maybe he won't want away anyway you never know... Lets wait and see this is after all coming from the Sunday comics.

:nods:

Though it is hard not to read too much into the stories tbh (especially considering what's happened in the past) so there will be that concern that hangs around in the back of your mind :undecided:

That's not his current house. He just moved into a new house in Jesmond 6 weeks ago.

Why were his cars parked outside the Lindisfarne Close gaff a couple of weeks back?

He just moved into Lindisfarne Close 6 weeks or so ago. He lives next door to my mate. As discussed earlier in the thread, Tiote came round to watch the match with us y'day, he was also getting his new satellite system fitted y'day afternoon.

Moved into two houses in the same week? What a f***ing legend. :lol:

I fail to understand how you personally, can rate him when he was signed by the regime you despise.

I fail to understand how you personally, can rate him when he was signed by the regime you despise.

You're not all that clever then.

Anyone else a bit disappointed that we haven't seen more of Tiotes attacking side?

Given he has shown glimpses of good attacking play at times before this season and as we arsenal know, he has a canny shot on him, I thought we might have seen a bit more of that against the lesser teams this year.

Thought he and Cabaye would have the option to interchange more in attack. Saying that I'm even a tad disappointed that so far, Cabayes threat seems to have gone backwards a bit.

That game (villa ???) where he was shooting like a man posessed from the edge of the box.

Would love to see more of that from them both tbf.

Would love to see Tim Krul add an attacking dimention to his game like, maybe Steven Taylor could start striking them from distance as well, then once Jonas sorts out his attacking elements we'll be scoring fucking loads all the time man. We'll be finishing games git 40 - 0.

I think master Krul just needs to concentrate on his kicking!

Constantly looks as though he's trying to hit Pardew. :)

Would love to see Tim Krul add an attacking dimention to his game like, maybe Steven Taylor could start striking them from distance as well, then once Jonas sorts out his attacking elements we'll be scoring f***ing loads all the time man. We'll be finishing games git 40 - 0.

:snod:

Anyone else a bit disappointed that we haven't seen more of Tiotes attacking side?

Given he has shown glimpses of good attacking play at times before this season and as we arsenal know, he has a canny shot on him, I thought we might have seen a bit more of that against the lesser teams this year.

Thought he and Cabaye would have the option to interchange more in attack. Saying that I'm even a tad disappointed that so far, Cabayes threat seems to have gone backwards a bit.

That game (villa ???) where he was shooting like a man posessed from the edge of the box.

Would love to see more of that from them both tbf.

Doesn't he allready have 2-3 assists? Pretty good for a defensive minded midfielder imo. Especially in a team set up for either wingers or AM to get the assists.

Guest Haris Vuckic

His shooting last season was appalling to be honest. The goal against Arsenal was on his weaker foot - one in a million.

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete fucking moron would want to mess with it.

I actually have no idea what this is a reference to. :lol:

His shooting last season was appalling to be honest. The goal against Arsenal was on his weaker foot - one in a million.

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete fucking moron would want to mess with it.

Tiote himself said he wanted to be more involved in attack and improve his attacking game this season you dullard.  :rolleyes:

A couple of better attempts this season but I'd rather he stuck to what he was good at & he compliments Cabaye perfectly to the extent only a complete f***ing moron would want to mess with it.

Don't agree with that, not saying he used to fire in 2-3 quality long range efforts a game (nor do I want him too, he's a DM for fuck sake).  But when he used to actually have a go, they usually seemed fairly accurate and powerful.

Can't see where Christams Tree is coming from mind, not that I'm surprised though, I don't think I ever have  :lol: