Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

On a similar topic, police in Manchester are investigating a footballer for a hit and run. Several witnesses and the footballer abused the victim and said he wouldn't get caught because he had foreign number plates.

Abused the victim with his car?

I mean, if you mow someone down fair enough, I guess.

Drink driving, driving without insurance, all speeding offences warranting more than 3 points, or continuous offences resulting in driving bans.

It is irrelevant whether a driver hits someone, their actions are risking the lives of others.

Footballers seem to think they are entitled to drive stupid cars dangerously. The laws of the country are not able to deal with this group of the population so the football authorities should act.

How is driving without insurance risking the lives of others you plank? :lol:

I remember reading that Man Utd had a 24 hour phone number that their players could call for absolutely anything they needed.  Toilet blocked?  Call the number.  Out of cat food?  Call the number.  Killed a hooker in a drug fuelled game of sex guess who?  Call the number.

Apparently a lot of them had been cosseted from such a young age they had no idea how to do anything for themselves.  One called asking how to post something ffs.

I remember reading that Man Utd had a 24 hour phone number that their players could call for absolutely anything they needed.  Toilet blocked?  Call the number.  Out of cat food?  Call the number.  Killed a hooker in a drug fuelled game of sex guess who?  Call the number.

Apparently a lot of them had been cosseted from such a young age they had no idea how to do anything for themselves.  One called asking how to post something ffs.

I think that's counter-productive tbh, they are never going to grow up and learn to do anything for themselves if they know all they have to do is call a number and someone will do it for them.

The only games I'd want to see him starting in are against the bigger sides when we could probably do with another body in midfield to generally break things up and 'spoil' if you like. As much as I really rate Anita I could see him maybe being bullied out of those sorts of games, when we won't have much possession.

The only games I'd want to see him starting in are against the bigger sides when we could probably do with another body in midfield to generally break things up and 'spoil' if you like. As much as I really rate Anita I could see him maybe being bullied out of those sorts of games, when we won't have much possession.

Worked out grand against City.... plus we didn't have much possession against Villa and he seemed fine.

At least Anita has good possession sense and can block passing lanes, something Tiote is horrible at.

I thought he was good yesterday but that really is what i'd stick him to, sub who can come in to help us shut up shop.

The City game is a shit example because Anita came on and was completely anonymous. Tiote was also poor but we had a collective off-day there really. Only Krul and HBA (and Dummett) played even approaching an acceptable level.

He'll still have the odd useful performance, and the very occasional great performance (1 or 2 a season that is), but I don't think he'll ever be a consistently effective force for us anymore. The 7-3 away at Arsenal was the point of no return for me.

He's just not a very good player. I like the boy and he can still be useful for us as cover, imo (not that I am overly enamoured with Anita, either, but he will do for now), but he lacks what is necessary to be a great player in his position. He isn't responsible defensively and doesn't under or hold his position well. He tries to imitate the higher level defensive midfielders by using his strength and technical ability to hold ball in tight spaces but he just isn't technically good enough for this. He also is too erratic with his passing. People can and will take the ball off of him and he will lose of his own volition too often.

Still, his sheer aggression and physicality can be a huge asset to the team in certain matches and situations. He should take a cue from Obi Mikel and stop shooting from outside the box at any time, though. It is just wasting position and endangering children.