Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote has escaped jail this afternoon after admitting driving with a forged Belgian licence which he had bought from a stranger near Brussels airport for €15,000.

The 27-year-old was given an seven month prison sentence for the offence but a judge told him it would be suspended keeping him out of prison unless he breaks the law again.

What a dickhead, f***ing hell.

That bit in bold is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read. :lol:

What a complete and utter moron.

Chill, chill, this is no Nile Ranger mk II. Still pretty stupid like, but not the first nor last footballer to have driving issues.

:lol: It's a more serious offence than Nile has ever been convicted of. Forgery of official documents is a rather serious crime. You can be sent down for years if you are caught making them or taking advantage of them.

Presumably he was driving when at Twente.  What was he using then?

That fake license.

:lol: so the Dutch coppers never picked up on it either?  Fucking hell thought it was only a recent thing.

The Dutch authorities aren't famed for their hard-line approach TBF.

Guest snoopythewriter

It's good to know that Brussels is a hotbed of illegal activity. Now I know where to go for my forged documents.

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote has escaped jail this afternoon after admitting driving with a forged Belgian licence which he had bought from a stranger near Brussels airport for €15,000.

The 27-year-old was given an seven month prison sentence for the offence but a judge told him it would be suspended keeping him out of prison unless he breaks the law again.

I read the bold as he literally escaped jail.

I read the bold as he literally escaped jail.

:lol: