Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Oh he was atrocious today. Lost count the amount of times he gave it away.

Basic stuff as well like simply controlling it he fucked up and don't get me started on that moment in the 2nd where it almost looked like he was involved in a betting scandal as he had about 5 minutes to pass to Krul or someone else and he just held it and held it before getting tackled and Altidore getting a one on one.

Back to the Shite version of Tiote today with a bang.

Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote has apologised to the club's fans after suffering the worst day of his career against Sunderland on Saturday.

The 3-0 derby defeat at St James' Park, the second in succession the Magpies have suffered at the hands of their arch-rivals, left the Ivory Coast international totally deflated.

The 27-year-old said: "All I can say to them [the fans] is sorry for this defeat again because we cannot accept that.

"It's two seasons now we have been beaten by Sunderland at home and this is the worst, worst thing in my career, so I just want to say sorry to them.

"That's football, we need to focus on the next game now."

Newcastle face the task of attempting to bounce back against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Saturday.

Tiote knows a trip to Chelsea may not represent the ideal opportunity to attempt to repair the damage of a poor, poor day, but he and his team-mates will travel hoping to do just that.

He said: "It's going to be hard, but we have got a chance. We have some good players in the squad, so if we do the right things, we have a chance to win.

"It's going to be tough because Chelsea are a good, good, good, good team. But if we do the right things, we have got a chance to win."

I've actually no problem with Cheik, I appreciate his sentiments to be honest. For some fucking reason.

Same. Seems he's really matured this season. Giving him the captain's armband might be one of the only good things Pardew has done. It's made him more accountable.

Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote has apologised to the club's fans after suffering the worst day of his career against Sunderland on Saturday.

The 3-0 derby defeat at St James' Park, the second in succession the Magpies have suffered at the hands of their arch-rivals, left the Ivory Coast international totally deflated.

The 27-year-old said: "All I can say to them [the fans] is sorry for this defeat again because we cannot accept that.

"It's two seasons now we have been beaten by Sunderland at home and this is the worst, worst thing in my career, so I just want to say sorry to them.

"That's football, we need to focus on the next game now."

Newcastle face the task of attempting to bounce back against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Saturday.

Tiote knows a trip to Chelsea may not represent the ideal opportunity to attempt to repair the damage of a poor, poor day, but he and his team-mates will travel hoping to do just that.

He said: "It's going to be hard, but we have got a chance. We have some good players in the squad, so if we do the right things, we have a chance to win.

"It's going to be tough because Chelsea are a good, good, good, good team. But if we do the right things, we have got a chance to win."

At least SOMEONE who has an ounce of self-responsibility and has the balls to apologize to the fans. Instead of blaming them and absolving himself of any responsibility, like our motherfucking boss. Thanks, Chiek. Too good for Alan Pardew. Like many of our players.

Hope the mackems game was a one off and he'll be back to playing well again, which to be fair to him in the past few months he has done. And then I hope we sell him in the summer for good money.

The way he holds onto the ball unnecessarily is absolutely disgraceful (almost as disgraceful as Pardew not at least trying to stamp down on this part of his game, or more likely encouraging it). His ego on the pitch leads him to think he's a better footballer than he is when he needs to realise he's nothing more than a water carrier (and a very good one at that if he only played like one).

And whilst this may come across as being the words of a Hatem fanboy, I'm fed up with the number of times Tiote completely ignores passing to Ben Arfa when he comes short to Cheik. It happens like 95% of the time. Tiote on the ball, Hatem who has been starved of the ball comes towards where Tiote is facing and is open for the pass, Tiote then decides to switch direction and spread the play elsewhere, as though the team is better off by using the only player able to create chances as a decoy. Just a pure knobhead.

I think he's saying Chelsea are a good team.

tiote woeful for a very long time in a flat team playing long balls from CB

tiote makes slow improvement and starts to look a good player again in team that passes ball around and has some movement

tiote looks fucking terrible against sunderland at the weekend

it really, really isn't difficult like

One of him or Ainta (or both) is going to have to attempt longer, more penetrative balls now we don't have Cabaye or anyone capable of playing #10 (Marveaux doesn't count). And it's going to be an ugly sight.

That's what made the Perch/Tiote partnership so woeful (the Guthrie/Tiote combo was decent fwiw). Perch passing was even more basic than Tiote's. Someone had to attempt an ambitious ball and Tiote won't hide. However, it will be ugly.

One of him or Ainta (or both) is going to have to attempt longer, more penetrative balls now we don't have Cabaye or anyone capable of playing #10 (Marveaux doesn't count). And it's going to be an ugly sight.

That's what made the Perch/Tiote partnership so woeful (the Guthrie/Tiote combo was decent fwiw). Perch passing was even more basic than Tiote's. Someone had to attempt an ambitious ball and Tiote won't hide. However, it will be ugly.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2s6vqxz.gif