Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Howaythetoon

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he can be our playmaker. He is like a magnet to the ball, his team-mates, even the opposition and when he's playing well, he is as good as anyone in receiving and playing the ball. He won't thread through defence splitting passes, but he can recycle the ball brilliantly and he always offers himself to a team-mate. He was immense today along with Anita.

Guest Howaythetoon

Your definition of playmaker is a tad different to mine. ;)

Aye, I'm aware of that. No other word for it though. He is clearly learning too. Today, he pulled out of a few not his to win type tackles which the old Tiote would have done and he also looked to get rid of the ball a lot quicker as well. I don't think he wasted possession once. On this form he can't be moved off the ball, and he is a real asset in terms of possession. I'm delighted he's back to his best because he's one of a few who does genuinley care about his performances, or rather he seems to pride himself on playing well. It shows in how mad he gets when he makes a mistake or how happy he gets like when he scored that disallowed goal at home to Man City.

Always good when playing that role generally speaking. He sits and allows everyone else to push forward while he mops up and controls the midfield.

Impresses me how controlled he was after such a soft early yellow card, although he's had that before and rarely gets two yellows and sent off.

Infact don't think he ever has, always been a straight red if memory serves.

Just read an article on the world's last existing tribes.

He's on the right.

http://www.boredpanda.org/system/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://www.boredpanda.org/system/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/photographs-of-vanishing-tribes-before-they-pass-away-jimmy-nelson-26__880.jpg

• 1 month later...

guy was frustrated as hell, basically played midfield on his own - probably thought he was stopping a definite goal and that he would take the risk of the resulting penalty being missed.

I reached the point of no return with this utter gimp after the 7-3 loss at Arsenal last year, and despite some improved showings, he's still woefully short of what we require. Shite.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Soon as Emnes picked it up I knew it had goal written all over it.  Some daft c*** would bring him down for PK or he'd classically score.

I wouldn't mind someone picking a yellow card for the team at the 90th minute for a professional foul. A shirt pull or rugby tackle would do but we're too fair play like

Played well yesterday IMO

Thought so too. Obviously made few mistakes but was a beast otherwise and at least he still tries.

A beast. :lol:

I remember when we wanted good attacking players in our CM.