Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Looked completely shot today. Not sure if worse or equal to v Burnley. Two worst performances I've ever seen from him. Thank god for ACON.

This. glad he's out of here for a few weeks. didnt do anything right today.

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair to him he looked half decent when Cabaye was alongside him. He has been atrocious since though. Why pay £9million for Tiote when they could probably spend £15million for Sissoko and afford it...

Would be a terrible signing for Arsenal. Even Coquelin is probably already better.

He'd give them a bit of steel and presence which they still lack IMO. I don't think they would sign him though, probably just made up.

If Wenger can get him back to his Hughton days of getting it and giving it he could be ok I reckon.

He's also surrounded by hugely better players that actually move and want the ball. Not Jack Colback or Gouffran.

Would be a terrible signing for Arsenal. Even Coquelin is probably already better.

He'd give them a bit of steel and presence which they still lack IMO. I don't think they would sign him though, probably just made up.

If steel and presence means giving away possession and free kicks then I agree.  He's a liability and we should get shot if anyone is stupid enough to take him.

Getting it and giving it will not cut it at a team like Arsenal. Everyone in their starting eleven is better on the ball than Tiote. That's why they're good. They won't sign this useless tit and degrade their quality.

He certainly wouldn't be a regular, but I can see them using him in tricky away games, at places like Chelsea and Man City where they've been regularly overrun in the past.

If steel and presence means giving away possession and free kicks then I agree.  He's a liability and we should get shot if anyone is stupid enough to take him.

With more movement around him I think he'll give the ball quicker and we might see him back to the player we saw when he first arrived when he was undeniably good. I think Wenger could get him to do a job tbh, but he wouldn't pay £9m for him.

With more movement around him I think he'll give the ball quicker and we might see him back to the player we saw when he first arrived when he was undeniably good. I think Wenger could get him to do a job tbh, but he wouldn't pay £9m for him.

Agreed.

He'd give them a bit of steel and presence which they still lack IMO.

:lol:

What's so funny about that? Arsenal have lacked a real physical player in the middle since the days of Viera and Petite. I like flair players as much as anyone but a team needs a spine as well.

Did you not get tired of promoting Tiote a few years back when you spent a full summer lying about Alex Ferguson wanting to sign him to replace Paul Scholes?

He's an ineffective player. He contributes less than zero going forward and with him on the pitch we've had most of the worst defensive performances I've seen from NUFC in 22 years. Steel indeed.

Did you not get tired of promoting Tiote a few years back when you spent a full summer lying about Alex Ferguson wanting to sign him to replace Paul Scholes?

He's an ineffective player. He contributes less than zero going forward and with him on the pitch we've had most of the worst defensive performances I've seen from NUFC in 22 years. Steel indeed.

Replace Paul Scholes? Where did you get that from. It was reported Man U wanted him but wouldn't go above £15m in the year we finished 5th. If that was a lie then it wasn't one put out by me, you could probably still google for the story and it would be there no doubt. The rest is just a matter of opinion. You don't rate him fine. I think he's played badly at times but he doesn't hide. I'd prefer him in the side to someone like Colback who watches 80% of the game pass him by.