Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

It's his first start in 10 months. To act as if that's how he'll be all the time is ridiculous.

Like I said, if he can recover some athleticism he might be alright. But he needs to be at a much higher level before he's allowed to start any more games.

It's his first start in 10 months. To act as if that's how he'll be all the time is ridiculous.

Like I said, if he can recover some athleticism he might be alright. But he needs to be at a much higher level before he's allowed to start any more games.

Once he regains his fitness he'll be important I think yeah, his injury was a bigger blow than it was made out to be last year

He always looks way off the pace when he's coming back from injury. None of the options in central midfield are working, there's always a huge gap between the defence and the forwards, and that's why even Norwich had the lions share of the possession yesterday. We just had more ruthless finishers.

That's not true. Tiote usually has the ability to run and effectively cover the pitch and press opposition.

And leave gaping holes for the opposition to run into because he has no idea how to position himself.

What you describe hasn't happened since his Pardew's first season.

He was fine today and made two soft fouls nowhere near the penalty area. No idea what the whining about his performance is once again.

I thought he looked good, was winning a lot in the air as well, but the fouls were unnecessary even if they weren't worth a yellow.

He did ok today, the first foul (stamp according to Quinn) was nothing, as was the second, but he shouldn't have made it so soon after the first. The fact the Clattermole spent most of the afternoon kicking through players without picking up a yellow has double standards all over it. The ref ignored some of Clattermole's cheap clips completely.

He's fucking braindead this bloke.

Get's warned for a foul and then needlessly fouls again not 60 seconds later, right in front of the ref and in a fucking nothing passage of play, in the middle of the park.

He's as thick as a prison wall. Gave the Manager no choice to make at half time.

Both fouls were absolutely needless. The ball was going nowhere, their players were going nowhere and we were generally in full control of the game. Ridiculous.