Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Think he gets a harsh ride considering some still defend Anita in midfield.

No they don't :lol:

I think Tiote will play games this season if he's not sold, as Colback will too. We lack central midfielders which sort of tells it's own story when we're willing to let Tiote leave.

Tiote could still do a job for a Rafa setup in the champo. Even though we do need to go at most teams in this league Rafa still loves to kill games off after we go ahead. Tiote is perfect for this, particularly away from home.

He could buy out his contract and then he'd be able to leave as a free transfer so he'd be able to sign for any club that wanted him. Out of contract players can be signed outside of the transfer window. He's only got 10 months left on his contract so it wouldn't cost him much (relatively speaking).

He could buy out his contract and then he'd be able to leave as a free transfer so he'd be able to sign for any club that wanted him. Out of contract players can be signed outside of the transfer window. He's only got 10 months left on his contract so it wouldn't cost him much (relatively speaking).

So you think he would be willing lose out on wages of about £2 million to instead do a deal with the club to buy out his contract for say a few hundred grand?! Ha ha! Not a chance!

I'm not saying he will, I'm saying he could if he was desperate to leave. The club he goes to could reimburse him. Apparently NUFC had accepted a £1.6m fee for him before the deal collapsed. If he gets a big money contract elsewhere for multiple years it could be worth his while. He'll probably just run down his contract though.