Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I don't think he'll go anywhere. I don't think we'll receive a bid tbh. There are plenty more fish in the sea for Chelsea, and they really don't need to be adding another African CM to their arsenal.

I reckon we'd sell at a massive, Carroll-esque price, but not below. It'd be a bigger deal than losing Carroll IMO.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Newcastle deny receiving big from Chelsea for Chiek Tiote #cfc #nufc

I don't think the story was about Chelsea making a bid, I thought they just made contact with a view to opening talks?

@NUFCOfficial Newcastle United FC

The club can confirm that they have received no enquiries for Cheik Tiote, contrary to some media reports

5 minutes ago via web

Twitter blocked at work you see...couldn't copy and paste before anyone has a whinge.

Cheers Dave.

The club can confirm that they have received no enquiries for Cheik Tiote, contrary to some media reports

5 minutes ago via web

:thup:

Memo to Chelsea:

fuck off

5 minutes ago via web

...But if we get, we will consider, we will accept and we will cash in.

:troll:

Theres no smoke without fire. We've denied it today but I feel this might haunt our summer.

aye, its a bit of a shitter

i wish i could bury me head in the sand during every transfer window and just find out the squad at the end :lol: make it less stressful.  but instead i sit at work f5'ing it

he's surely about the best at what he does in the entire PL so it's a sensible signing for chelski given essiens problems

i reckon

1. if chelski want him he's away (they're throwing daft money about at the moment again)

2. ashley will rape them financially, of that i have little doubt

3. like others i don't think sturridge will come as part of the deal, but you never know

I am not feeling well for that announcement.  If it's complete bollocks, why the club need to deny that? To me it looks like an invitation rather than a rejection.

I am not feeling well for that announcement.  If it's complete bollocks, why the club need to deny that? To me it looks like an invitation rather than a rejection.

Hate to say it and know it's perhaps unfair on them but that was my gut reaction too.

Ashley invites cynicism.

It's just stupid sometimes man. We deny a bid = we're selling, no comment = we're selling, anything accept admitting openly we're selling = we're selling.

Why not just assume we're selling every player mentioned by every random journo?

It's ok, we will all be able to rest easy when Pards comes out and says there is no way Tiote will be leaving

A bit like trusting Ian Huntley with your kids when he tells you they'll be fine.

he's surely about the best at what he does in the entire PL so it's a sensible signing for chelski given essiens problems

i reckon

1. if chelski want him he's away (they're throwing daft money about at the moment again)

2. ashley will rape them financially, of that i have little doubt

3. like others i don't think sturridge will come as part of the deal, but you never know

I don't really see how Ashley will rape them financially as you yourself have acknowledged he's the best in the division at what he does. The loss of Tiote would be massive, it would have a far bigger negative impact than losing Carroll IMO. Think back to the shite we've had for the last 10 years in his position and shudder.