Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

When he plays well he's a beast and he's pretty positive when trying to pass to people. I would personally have Anita in for him in the middle until we score a/some goals and then bring him on to shore up defence

When he plays well he's a beast and he's pretty positive when trying to pass to people. I would personally have Anita in for him in the middle until we score a/some goals and then bring him on to shore up defence

Other way around for me. First thing you do when your on a bad run, stop conceding and get the clean sheets in. Then you go looking for some goals.

Tiote the defensive lynchpin, with a clearly defined instruction (in a pass&move philosophy) to keep it simple, with Cabs' passing range & Anita's run&carry (link-up) is still my preferred mix in the middle. Fullbacks, with Haidara in the picture, provide the width in the middle third. And of course there's the option of dropping Moussa back into mf line of three, for added power. However i'd like to see the continued development of Anita. Tiote's presence eases Anita's defensive workload, and releases the shackles - allowing him to focus on what he does best ie. run&carry + link-up. Imho this is the ideal midfield set-up to blood Anita.

Tiote, in this set-up, if used correctly (has the engine to play sideline-to-sideline/cover the fbs, not that Cabs & Anita dont provide workmanlike value in defense) has the makings to be our Makalele.

Hardly surprising, with sissoko he can now concentrate on doing had he does best rather than trying to shape himself into a box to box player that he can never be.

Funny you say that though, he got forward quite a lot today for some reason. Relatively speaking of course.