Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If this were to happen then it has to be Sturridge plus cash and we'd have to spend the cash on getting a ready-to-go replacement for Tiote.  Sadly, I can imagine we'll do what we did when we wanted Johnson from City and we'll just let ourselves be fucked over, then decide we'll try and replace him with a Tiote mk2, ie a cheapo we cross our fingers and hope suddenly becomes amazing.

:thup: Why I'm bricking it if this goes through. Even Sturridge coming to us wouldn't make me happy. Sorts us out up front but then where's our midfield enforcer? The day after he signs we'll be hearing that Smith has been given a final chance to impress us this season.

Also, the original Echo article is total bollocks... talks about him being on a "shortlist" of players to fill in for Essien and Chelsea making "preliminary enquiries".

I wish journalists didn't so many column inches to fill with nothing. (And I wish Mike Ashley hadn't given me playersaleophobia)

Paper bollocks can be a self fulfilling prophecy though.  People start talking about it, players start wondering what life would be like at the other club, agents start seeing dollar signs, potential buying club becomes more confident of doing a deal...

The £15m fee is a joke btw. At least getting him to sign a new contract means we won't need to be pressured into selling him unless they offer daft money.

:thup: Fuck 'em. do a Modric with the twats.

Also, the original Echo article is total bollocks... talks about him being on a "shortlist" of players to fill in for Essien and Chelsea making "preliminary enquiries".

I wish journalists didn't so many column inches to fill with nothing. (And I wish Mike Ashley hadn't given me playersaleophobia)

Being a sports journalist can be far too easy these days. Money for nout.

Guest WashyGeordie

If this were to happen then it has to be Sturridge plus cash and we'd have to spend the cash on getting a ready-to-go replacement for Tiote.  Sadly, I can imagine we'll do what we did when we wanted Johnson from City and we'll just let ourselves be f***ed over, then decide we'll try and replace him with a Tiote mk2, ie a cheapo we cross our fingers and hope suddenly becomes amazing.

:thup: Why I'm bricking it if this goes through. Even Sturridge coming to us wouldn't make me happy. Sorts us out up front but then where's our midfield enforcer? The day after he signs we'll be hearing that Smith has been given a final chance to impress us this season.

Well he did play when we beat Villa 6-0... :(

Paper bollocks can be a self fulfilling prophecy though.  People start talking about it, players start wondering what life would be like at the other club, agents start seeing dollar signs, potential buying club becomes more confident of doing a deal...

True, but I bet the ratio of made up stuff to stuff which ends up happening is about 1000:1.

Guest Roger Kint

I just hope the Scott Parker loan stuff is true. Sorry but if Chelsea start dangling 100k a week in front of his nose, like Modric he'll be wanting to go.

They should never get a chance to get that far really.

Very naive tbh

Hope to fuck we get Sturridge out of this if their interest is real.

Although if we sold him for just cash we could probably buy some truly amazing training bibs so that's tempting too.

Does make a lot of sense for them tbf, Essien is a player who relies massively on the fact that he's an absolute specimen of a man, so he can only have a couple of top years left in him even if he does come back from this injury, and that has to be in doubt.

I just hope the Scott Parker loan stuff is true. Sorry but if Chelsea start dangling 100k a week in front of his nose, like Modric he'll be wanting to go.

You're assuming that Chelsea won't let his agent know the score unofficially? I'm pretty sure that's why Modric is kicking up a fuss, he's been tapped up on the sly.

Very naive tbh

I said should, I know it won't work like that in reality.

(Not that this is happening anyway, but for the sake of argument)

Guest neesy111

We wouldn't even mention Sturridge if we where in talks with Chelsea over Tiote, it would be like Given to Man City all over again.

Yeah and Michael Johnson (who the whole forum wanted as part of that deal) has turned out brilliantly hasn't he!

We wouldn't even mention Sturridge if we where in talks with Chelsea over Tiote, it would be like Given to Man City all over again.

Yeah and Michael Johnson (who the whole forum wanted as part of that deal) has turned out brilliantly hasn't he!

Yeah and you make a great point there don't you!

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Newcastle deny receiving big from Chelsea for Chiek Tiote #cfc #nufc

It's just going to get worse now SSN have taken notice.