Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Just needs to do what he does best and stop trying to be creative.

Seems so obvious doesn't it. Makes me wonder what the f*** he's being coached to do.

That's what's puzzling me.  Players don't suddenly change their style of play just like that.

Also, thread title change to 'Cheik "STOP FUCKING SHOOTING" Tioté'

Guest firetotheworks

It's the 4 unnecessary Cruyff turns he does just outside the area, the daudling on the ball, turning into trouble and terrible passing that winds me up.

He's been trying to be 2007 Michael Essien all season, when he should just be doing what Perch does, break it up and keep it simple.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm really worried when he plays. And that's not good.

I hope someone's coming in with some ridiculous offer in Jan so we can let him go before it's too late.

He never gives up though, he loses it he gives 100% to get it back, I feel for him now due to injuries he is being asked to change how he plays.

Win it play it simple it what he is about but with no Cabaye alongside him he is trying his best, the putting him down is getting right on my tits.

Just needs to do what he does best and stop trying to be creative.

Seems so obvious doesn't it. Makes me wonder what the f*** he's being coached to do.

That's what's puzzling me.  Players don't suddenly change their style of play just like that.

It's Pardew (imo). He has openly talked about wanting to see more from Tiote on the ball, especially after that Arsenal goal, so he has tried to change Tiote from a pure destroyer into an all-round central midfielder. Glenn Roeder did the exact same thing with Scott Parker. Basically managers trying to be too smart for their own good.

Yeah ever since he started marauding forward and shooting from long range or firing long passes it's all gone tits up. Perch looks a more assured and neat player who doesn't give the ball away sitting in the midfield at the moment but Tiote will get back to it, he's been awful but that's linked to missing too many games through suspension/injury.

It´s Pardew that last season talked about him getting forward more I think. Like been said he´s at his best when just break up and release some pressure.

I´m amazed about this selling stuff as soon as someone has a bad spell, especially when we all know what a small squad we has. I can´t explain it. But I think a lot of this has with him being to ambitious and being encouraged by Pardew to be more offensive.

I´m still convinced that he still is a hell of a player that is important for us.

I do agree that he needs to get back to what he was doing when he first signed FWIW, but people writing him off want their heads seeing to.

Use him as a base midfielder behind two others and simply get him patrolling side-to-side, winning the ball back and distributing it neatly. I honestly don't mind the pirouettes either, when they're done in a controlled fashion at least. He's getting isolated in too many silly areas at the minute and his decision making has been poor though. Symptomatic of our team unfortunately.

He was like a metronome for us when he first came, the difference he made to the team was incredible. I don't see why he's been moved away from that.