Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If I was in charge and we were offered £8m I'd definitely take it. £5m I'd almost certainly take it still. Even £3-4m and I'd be considering it. He's absolutely hopeless and is living on his reputation from a few seasons ago.

its a worry things like that and his blatant push.. why would you even push someone two handed away from the ball. Clearly wasn't to stop momentum, player wasn't in a dangerous position either, totally unnecessary. He just wanted to push him out of the way.

I wonder what the hell we do in training that we haven't talked about his recklessness. He obviously has a footballing brain the size of a pea. 

its a worry things like that and his blatant push.. why would you even push someone two handed away from the ball. Clearly wasn't to stop momentum, player wasn't in a dangerous position either, totally unnecessary. He just wanted to push him out of the way.

I wonder what the hell we do in training that we haven't talked about his recklessness. He obviously has a footballing brain the size of a pea. 

I honestly think his training is just the staff and squad telling him how hard he is.

I guess he is what he is in the end. A £3.5m squad player ultimately. Had 2 good seasons but you can't trust him as a first-choice.

The manager clearly sees him as one though. I don't like writing him off but the coaching staff either need to get him playing in a more effective/useful style or drop him. They seem to be doing neither.

I guess he is what he is in the end. A £3.5m squad player ultimately. Had 2 good seasons but you can't trust him as a first-choice.

The manager clearly sees him as one though. I don't like writing him off but the coaching staff either need to get him playing in a more effective/useful style or drop him. They seem to be doing neither.

This is one of those few occasions I'm in agreement with Pardew. Tiote can be a liability in possession but over 90 mins he covers a hell of a lot of ground and is still the best equipped to be the midfield enforcer out of the players we've got here. If he gives the ball away once in a while, he accepts a lot more responsibility than some as well by making himself available and being prepared to hold the ball.