Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

This result is taking over my life, man.

My little girl has 6 scoops of formula in her bottles and instead of doing the usual 1..2..3..4..5..6, I resorted, this morning, to counting them in a more novel way - Barton..Nolan..Carroll..Carroll..Nolan..Carroll

:aww:

bluelaugh.gif

And really good pics David, what camera you using?

This result is taking over my life, man.

My little girl has 6 scoops of formula in her bottles and instead of doing the usual 1..2..3..4..5..6, I resorted, this morning, to counting them in a more novel way - Barton..Nolan..Carroll..Carroll..Nolan..Carroll

:aww:

bluelaugh.gif

And really good pics David, what camera you using?

Cheers.  :thup:

I'm using a Panasonic FZ30.

He was injured most of the season and only started 4 league games, but it seems people love to include him in the players they blame for relegation.  :mystery:

Is that true? Fucking hell, interesting stat that.

I don't actually place that much blame on Smith. Even if he is shit, he always gives 100%. It's the likes of Duff and Owen I'd like to inflict pain on.

Does anyone know the name of that song they played at the end of the motd2 last Sunday?

Iron Maiden - 666, the Number of the Beast.

Cheers mate

What else could you have thought it was? :lol:

I thought it was the Vengaboys, personally.

The match was a great occasion. The spirit around the club has been bad ever since Sir Bob's 3rd place season, with lots of aggravation and bickering around the owners, players, managers and fans. Sunday felt like we were a club reborn, and it was strangely fitting that Barton, our wayward son, started it all off with that great strike.

I'm a hopeless romantic, but I'm looking forward to the future now.

He was injured most of the season and only started 4 league games, but it seems people love to include him in the players they blame for relegation.  :mystery:

I don't actually place that much blame on Smith. Even if he is shit, he always gives 100%. It's the likes of Duff and Owen I'd like to inflict pain on.

Like when he hides in the defence and doesn't track any runs? Just because he fancies a tackle or two doesn't mean he's really giving 100%.

He did the exact opposite of that in the Aston Villa match and was 10x better than usual as a result.

Like when he hides in the defence and doesn't track any runs? Just because he fancies a tackle or two doesn't mean he's really giving 100%.

He did the exact opposite of that in the Aston Villa match and was 10x better than usual as a result.

I agree with the Villa comment, I would much prefer if he always played like that.

All I was saying was that I think he's a hard worker who cares about the team, I still believe that. I don't think he 'hides' in the defence deliberately - he's just not very good at playing DM.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seen .com that Andy Cole was at the game. ??? Seems unusual?

Looking for potential loan deals? Or could have just fancied watching the Toon... but doubt it.

• 1 month later...