Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Taylor's a better player than Williamson and we all know it.

:lol: He's not like, and I don't exactly rate Williamson.

Taylor is a moderately better "footballer" but a horrible defender; aside from being full-blooded he's worse than Williamson in virtually every single aspect of defending.

Taylor is a moderately better "footballer" but a horrible defender; aside from being full-blooded he's worse than Williamson in virtually every single aspect of defending.

Completely disagree. Taylor's better physically, in the air and in the tackle. He's braver too.

Taylor's a fucking liability, he must have a brain the size of a pea. What the fuck was that jumping past the ball then standing with your arms out for no apparent reason instead of defending stuff? I knew he was getting over excited when he went on that bull in china shop blunder up the pitch trying to do his superman act. Jesus he's a moron.

Perfectly summed up this like.

Guest neesy111

Taylor's a fucking liability, he must have a brain the size of a pea. What the fuck was that jumping past the ball then standing with your arms out for no apparent reason instead of defending stuff? I knew he was getting over excited when he went on that bull in china shop blunder up the pitch trying to do his superman act. Jesus he's a moron.

:thup:

I've backed Taylor to the hilt but he's at the age now where these stupid errors should be well eradicated.

Completely disagree. Taylor's better physically, in the air and in the tackle. He's braver too.

Apologies for the late response but I'm just not seeing the same things you are like. There's a difference between being brave and being gung-ho or even borderline-reckless defensively; Taylor is typically far more prone to possessing the latter two qualities than "bravery" - Williamson doesn't hammer into hollywood-challenges as often but by the same token doesn't make half as many errors as a result of doing so... I don't have statistics (and regardless, they'd be massively skewed depending on who they're lining up against anyway) but I'd wager that Williamson wins more of his aerial battles (defensively) than Taylor does as well... As for physicality, Taylor is stronger but that's pretty irrelevant when he doesn't apply his physicality effectively.

All of that, of course, is pre-amble to the kicker which is that we never look remotely solid as a unit with Taylor at the back. Williamson is able to form effective partnerships with other defenders and that's something Taylor has rarely been able to do over the course of his career.

Guest zicomartin

Taylor goes into showboat mode with Woy in the crowd and two weeks of the window left to earn a better contract elsewhere.

Who wudda thunk it..?

Apologies for the late response but I'm just not seeing the same things you are like. There's a difference between being brave and being gung-ho or even borderline-reckless defensively; Taylor is typically far more prone to possessing the latter two qualities than "bravery" - Williamson doesn't hammer into hollywood-challenges as often but by the same token doesn't make half as many errors as a result of doing so... I don't have statistics (and regardless, they'd be massively skewed depending on who they're lining up against anyway) but I'd wager that Williamson wins more of his aerial battles (defensively) than Taylor does as well... As for physicality, Taylor is stronger but that's pretty irrelevant when he doesn't apply his physicality effectively.

All of that, of course, is pre-amble to the kicker which is that we never look remotely solid as a unit with Taylor at the back. Williamson is able to form effective partnerships with other defenders and that's something Taylor has rarely been able to do over the course of his career.

O0 I made a comment during the second half about Forrest Gump running with the ball and losing it turning attack into a near miss from West Ham due to Forrest Gump being stupid  :angryfire:

3 starts, 3 goals conceded which can be directly attributed to him.

He's fucking garbage and I really hope MYM moves across to partner Williamson next match with Debuchy coming straight back in.

Absolutely.

Also, I wanted to choke the c*** when we enjoyed about 30 passes in possession and he strode out with the ball, overran it and slid in to gift it to West Ham. Dickhead.

The last minutes of the first half sums up his career, tbh. 45 minutes on the clock and the rest of the team is happy to keep possession until HT. Taylor gets the ball, goes on superman mode and loses the ball in a dangerous position, giving West Ham the momentum. All that was followed by his hand waving in the goal we conceded. Thick idiot.

He's a crock of shit and has been for years.

Loads of times Bramble got pelters yet Taylor partnering him was worse and got away with it cos he was a local lad playing up to the crowd.

Agree with that, mind. Taylor got away with absolute murder for years while people like me got slaughtered (at the game and on here) for telling it like it was.

Now I think he's better than better than Mike Williamson and apparently that makes me his no.1 fan. There really is a lot of stupid people supporting our club.