Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we want to be a team challening for champions league places and that's the goal. We need three top class centre halves .. Like we currently have And a fourth with the potential to be top class. It creates competition for places which can only be a positive.

That block he made at the last minute when all the Chelsea players thought he did it using the hands. The guy did his acting again with the injured stomach. I don't know who it was but they hauled him up and told him to play and stop the antics.

If we want to be a team challening for champions league places and that's the goal. We need three top class centre halves .. Like we currently have And a fourth with the potential to be top class. It creates competition for places which can only be a positive.

We have two top class centre halves and one above average one. :thup:

Saylor is blood, guts and sometimes glory. I have a lot of time for him as a player. You need his type in the dressing room and in the first team. He's a better footballer than what he's given credit for.

IMO he should be captain or at least VC. Committed. Wears the shirt with pride. Only problem is, he's a bit of a daft lad and i'm sure the others know it  :lol:

Saylor is blood, guts and sometimes glory. I have a lot of time for him as a player. You need his type in the dressing room and in the first team. He's a better footballer than what he's given credit for.

IMO he should be captain or at least VC. Committed. Wears the shirt with pride. Only problem is, he's a bit of a daft lad and i'm sure the others know it  :lol:

He can do the basics and his more composed than Williamson but I don't think he's that good of a footballer. More often than not you'll see him pass the ball backwards to Krul or sideways as he knows his limitations. That's absolutely fine by me as he knows that. He's just not like Colo, Santon or even Debuchy who can look up and pick a pass from their position.

I don't think he's captain material as I don't think he has the full respect of all the players around him, like you said maybe it's because they know he's a bit of a daft lad? But when you see him out on the pitch with his pointless pointing he tends to get ignored by others.

I'd rather he just concentrated on getting his form and fitness back first and him being captain could be too much for him.

:thup: