Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thomas Clements ‏@T_Clements

Absolute disgrace I am an ST holder for #safc. Oshea has been miles better than Taylor, he deserves England callup more. #fuckoffroyhodgson

O shea for me lyk

Interesting.

looking at some of his other tweets and uploaded photos, I think he supports us...

He posts on here.

What's his username?

Can't remember of the top of my head, but the one on his timeline linking him to this thread is :http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=6597

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/19/england-steven-taylor-fabio-capello-mistake?CMP=twt_gu

Steven Taylor, the Newcastle United centre-back, has revealed that his prospects of an England call-up under Fabio Capello were somewhat remote, after the previous manager thought he was a midfielder.

Taylor was selected as a late replacement on Monday evening for Gary Cahill who has a knee injury.

Earlier this season, Taylor claimed that Capello made the mistake regarding his position when speaking to Alan Pardew, his club manager.

He said: "Last season [Capello] didn't come [to see Newcastle] when we had the best defensive record up to Christmas. The gaffer went to some event and Capello was there and he said: 'You should come up and see Taylor'. And Capello said: 'I'm all right for midfielders'. That did a lot for my confidence, it was almost back to the feeling I had when we got relegated."

After being chosen to replace Cahill, Taylor said: "I am so happy to have received a call-up to the full squad. It's every player's ambition to represent their country."

While Cahill is ruled out of Friday's match with San Marino, he will be reassessed ahead of the second and more vital World Cup qualifier against Montenegro in Podgorica on Tuesday.

An FA statement said: "Chelsea defender Gary Cahill has been ruled out of England's World Cup qualifier with San Marino on Friday evening. Cahill was assessed by England medical staff on Monday and will not be able to take part in the match, but will be reassessed later in the week with a view to the second of England's two qualifiers, against Montenegro on Tuesday."

On the one hand we have a Taylor that does play in midfield so if Pardew said "come and see Taylor" you can sort of understand. On the other if he came up to watch us now and then he might have realised who Pardew was talking about!

On the one hand we have a Taylor that does play in midfield so if Pardew said "come and see Taylor" you can sort of understand. On the other if he came up to watch us now and then he might have realised who Pardew was talking about!

Makes you wonder how much Capello knew about the English players that were outside the usual top 6 clubs.

Makes you wonder how much Capello knew about the English players that were outside the usual top 6 clubs.