Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Immense first half but yeah he really is only capable of 60mins max. I really would prefer Ben Arfa to start instead of him but when he plays the target man role so well like he did in that first half then it's hard to make a strong argument against him.

Saying that though, he's had his one impressive 45mins now and will probably return to playing crap again by next week.

Immense first half but yeah he really is only capable of 60mins max. I really would prefer Ben Arfa to start instead of him but when he plays the target man role so well like he did in that first half then it's hard to make a strong argument against him.

Saying that though, he's had his one impressive 45mins now and will probably return to playing crap again by next week.

sums it up. Absolutely stunning form in the first half..story of Sholas career though. He is an extremely capable and effective player when motivated and focused. This is the best I have seen him since the kinnear spell, where he was our best player. Unfortunately I have little hope he will stay at this mental level because he never has in the past. A winding down contract might help.

We will take what we can from him, the run on the team has helped.

Lazy received wisdom often has it that Ameobi – who holds dual nationality – is really not that good. Regular Newcastle watchers who appreciate the Tyneside-reared forward's technical skills, clever link play, ability to hold the ball up, creation of space for Löic Rémy to run into and, of course, goals know different.

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

Lazy received wisdom often has it that Ameobi – who holds dual nationality – is really not that good. Regular Newcastle watchers who appreciate the Tyneside-reared forward's technical skills, clever link play, ability to hold the ball up, creation of space for Löic Rémy to run into and, of course, goals know different.

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

:mackems: