Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest Howaythetoon

Gave it his all my arse. He was one lazy s***.

All I know is that in the not too distant future, his hip will give him enough problems to seriously curtail his ability to run and walk because he decided to keep turning out for NUFC rather than getting things resolved. He may not have ran around like Bellamy or threw himself into battle ala Shearer, but to call him a lazy shit is fucking laziness itself.

He has served us well enough providing several memorable moments. He played through the pain barrier at times and gave it his all. He was a model professional and a good all-rounder as a character/bloke. I won't celebrate his leaving, I'll reflect fondly on his time here, wish him all the best and hope that players like him, although good eggs, but talentless, never make themselves a mainstay in our side for a decade or so again. He got games because for the vast majority of the time those in the dugout were less talented than he was. Says it all. Good luck Shola, a top lad and someone who will be remembered in years to come if only for his mackem slaying exploits and that goal in Camp Nou. As shit or mediocre as he was, there are hundreds who have played for us who were much worse, much more worse.

All I know is that in the not too distant future, his hip will give him enough problems to seriously curtail his ability to run and walk because he decided to keep turning out for NUFC rather than getting things resolved. He may not have ran around like Bellamy or threw himself into battle ala Shearer, but to call him a lazy shit is fucking laziness itself.

:thup:

He has served us well enough providing several memorable moments. He played through the pain barrier at times and gave it his all. He was a model professional and a good all-rounder as a character/bloke. I won't celebrate his leaving, I'll reflect fondly on his time here, wish him all the best and hope that players like him, although good eggs, but talentless, never make themselves a mainstay in our side for a decade or so again. He got games because for the vast majority of the time those in the dugout were less talented than he was. Says it all. Good luck Shola, a top lad and someone who will be remembered in years to come if only for his mackem slaying exploits and that goal in Camp Nou. As s*** or mediocre as he was, there are hundreds who have played for us who were much worse, much more worse.

All I know is that in the not too distant future, his hip will give him enough problems to seriously curtail his ability to run and walk because he decided to keep turning out for NUFC rather than getting things resolved. He may not have ran around like Bellamy or threw himself into battle ala Shearer, but to call him a lazy s*** is f***ing laziness itself.

:thup:

O0

Absolutely majestic thread title. Been too long in coming, not Shola's fault he's managed to con so many managers into persevering and I've got no doubt he's a 'good lad' but as a professional footballer he's been pigshit for years now. Won't miss him in the slightest. 

Whilst I never wanted to see him play for us again the (already fucking short) list of things to like about NUFC has decreased by one.

I miss you already Shola, now go and win me £7,500 in the world cup

Never thought I'd see this day come...this was certainly an overdue departure. I do like him as a person though so wish nothing but luck for him in his future endeavours.

What it comes down to though is that Shola, unfortunately, simply offered nothing of real note on the field these days (and indeed during the past few years). The signs were promising between 2002 and 2004, it has to be said, so it was a shame to see Shola descend from being somewhat promising to that of an ineffective player especially when there was a time when he did seem to have an ounce of finishing ability. He won't be missed from a footballing point of view but I'll never forget his performances/goals against the mackems. Good luck Shola.

The couple of years of waiting until he comes back as manager will be tough.

I do think he'd make a decent manager.  He's obviously not a great footballer but not many good managers are and he seems like an intelligent bloke.  I'd love to see him go earn his stripes as a manager in the lower leagues for a while with a view to coming back to manage us one day.

I don't even necessarily think he was a bad footballer. He somehow remained at the wrong level. As a championship striker he would have continued to be the stuff of legend. Good guy, loves newcastle, his best wasn't good enough but Godspeed and god bless; win the World Cup

Guest diddimz

I'm feeling conflicted, it's like your ex that you know you dont want to be with but at the same time you dont want to see her with anyone else