Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

Guest BooBoo

We should gobble up their bollocks for brekky, but i feel an upset coming. We'll just casually stroll in thinking we'll piss them up the wall and then get beaten 1-0 in classic Newcastle style.

I'm not sure Hughton works like that tbh, he'll have the team ready as its a must 3 points.

Guest neesy111

Can see a Hull 2008 occuring

With what, A stupid idiot hurling a banner of Cockney Mafia out in the middle of the match.

Guest BooBoo

With what, A stupid idiot hurling a banner of Cockney Mafia out in the middle of the match.

That bloody clown.

That bloody clown.

The circumstances couldn't be any more different (disclaimer - unless we sell a key player the morra)

First must-win of the season. Daft how nervous i am in comparison to the same fixture last season. We steam-rollered them at an absolute canter a few months back. They were no more difficult than the likes of Scunthorpe.

It'd be typical for them to spring a surprise. It's absolutely imperative that we remain focused. In the past i wouldn't have faith in the squad to keep from falling complacent... but i think Hughton will keep the squad well drilled. It's a fantastic opportunity to put on a real show with the new signings.

But i think it'll be a cagey 1-0. Which would be great.

It'll be very interesting to see how the team do here. In recent years, the 'easy' home games are where we've done badly, most likely down to player complacency. Hughton is one of the last people I can see allowing that sort of attitude and it'd be great to see us put a struggler to the sword for once (in this league before anyone mentions Cardiff, Barnsley etc).

I would start the same team that has started all season so far, fitness allowing.

It could be potentially disruptive to change the team until the new players have had a chance to train a good few times with the squad so each can suss the other out.

Worth having Tiote and Ben Arfa on the bench to bring on for the last 20 or so if we are winning confortably by then, let them feel the SJP love for the first time.........

I would take a scrappy one nil from this one. Blackpool liooked very good going forward against Fulham, they were aided massively by the worst PL defending I have ever season by Wigan in their first game. But on the whole, I think they will struggle away from home badly, defensively they are extremely suspect.

After beating them 4-1 last season, I expect another victory, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's a lot tougher than we would like.

2-0. Blackpool will make a fist of it and will give you a game but you'll score early and then late on.

And no, I don't think they'll finish anywhere other than bottom but it's early in the season and adrenaline is still pumping.