Newcastle United v Blackpool - Sat 11th September (3pm)

Ishmael

Your match threads are shite. Don't even have a date or owt.

This. Also the "Maybe" shit makes me angry for no reason, I'm going to that things that make you angry for no reason thread to post the same as I'm doing now.

This game has not come at the best of times because from what I saw in their match with Fulham, Blackpool are still playing on adrenaline. This often happens with unrated newly promoted teams..there have been plenty of examples over the years.

Inevitably, the reality kicks in later in the season, but right now, it will be a bad mistake to underestimate

Blackpool. They will get stuck in and the likes of Ben Arfa may well get far less time on the ball than they are used to so it could be a rude awakening for him.

If we score first and early, we should win fairly comfortably, but if they happen to grab an early goal and we go in at HT a goal down, we will struggle because they will run all day to defend it.

All the games we have played so far were against teams who were considered better(or equal)to us, and the pressure was off the players to a degree. In this match, we are expected to win, and win comfortably...football is not always like that and NUFC has a history of falling at the easy hurdles.

No prediction on the score, but as I said, unless we get an early goal it could be tougher than many think.

We're pretty much the same/strengthened if we play HBA or Tiote. They've not added much either - we should be looking at a similar score to last time.

Harper

Perch Will Colo Jose

Rout Tiote Barton Jonas

Carroll Nolan

Subs: Krul, Campbell, Smith, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands, Guthrie, Ameobi.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Looking forward to this even though it's Blackpool, will be a good opportunity for Barfa to show his dribbles :)

Guest Heneage

Part of me thinks what has realistically changed since then, but Blackpool have strengthened. I'd still hope for a comfortable win.

Part of me thinks what has realistically changed since then, but Blackpool have strengthened. I'd still hope for a comfortable win.

Seven of our team when we last played them played our last game. Seven of their team when we last played them played their last game.

I'm personally of the opinion that all our signings bar Gosling who became available are here because while Hughton does not doubt the existing team, he doubts their capability to perform for 90 minutes for 50 games. Therefore after an international break where not many are to feature, expect to see the same XI we have played all season if all are fit.

Guest Heneage

Seven of our team when we last played them played our last game. Seven of their team when we last played them played their last game.

That's why I said they've strengthened.  :idiot2:

That's why I said they've strengthened. :idiot2:

Where did I say you were wrong? My point was that we've strengthened too, to a similar degree.

Guest Heneage

That's why I said they've strengthened.  :idiot2:

Where did I say you were wrong? My point was that we've strengthened too, to a similar degree.

I'd say their improvements will be more significant than ours but it's pointless debating.

I'd hope for a nice 3-0 with one of the new signings scoring ,along with Routledge or Jonas.