Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Did you see him post a picture of Andy Carroll's chrome Range Rover and calling it a monstrosity :lol:

Also someone tweeted:

@dancingbear76: @Sammy_Ameobi did it end up a smouldering wreck in a Ponteland driveway?” indeed it did my friend lol

:lol: Love Sammy.

"lol" :lol:

ArUSA7vCAAAtHhD.jpg:large

Had only seen the burned version, that is horrific.

Was dead on his feet from 60 mins but still kept running and closing down whenever needed, bless him. Feel bad that we have players outshining him and getting more coverage, not that they don't deserve it, but Jonas puts in a huge shift every week and doesn't get any plaudits outside the club.

For me he does not bring the ball forward as often now.

That used to be his main asset, to release pressure on the defence.

Is it for a tactical reasons or he just get tired (getting older) ?

purely down to the way we now play, added to him often playing more centrally of late.

Guest andrew

Just thought i'd add my two cents worth in here, how much pace has he lost this year? pretty big drop if you ask me. watch those spiderman highlights from his debut and compare.

it's okay though, he's gained in other areas to compensate. he's a lot stronger and he crosses the ball really well now, also seems to have got a better mental aspect to his game where he can read and anticipate better. nto really anything major to add. gonna be needed a lot next year with the extra fixtures.

Guest andrew

He was very good today up I thought, poor crossing on a couple of occasions though.

there were a few times yeah, but i've noticed when he swings it with his left it is generally pretty accurate. he's lost some physique but hes gaining some technique and brain. still a good player for us and will be for the next few years :)

I have time for him, especially playing more central as a three with Tiote and Cabaye. Worked his ass off again today, lacks pace but still has tricks in his locker for passes and holding up the ball. Still think he needs replacing on the starting team sheet.

Legend, but having seen him in that central role, there's nowhere else i want him now. Particularly not on the wing with Santon, which will never work.

Absolutely vital player though, no doubt. He's had a good season.