Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Pardew also confirmed midfielder Jonas Gutierrez faces a spell on the sidelines with a knee injury after missing the Boxing Day game.

"He will be missing the next two or three games," he said. "Gutierrez will have an injection in his knee tomorrow. It is not clearing up and he is not 100%."

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew also confirmed midfielder Jonas Gutierrez faces a spell on the sidelines with a knee injury after missing the Boxing Day game.

"He will be missing the next two or three games," he said. "Gutierrez will have an injection in his knee tomorrow. It is not clearing up and he is not 100%."

No Pards (new) news about Hatem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the Norwich match thread and the last pages of this one it seems most of us have all but given up on Jonas. There's no denying he hasn't been at his best for us for some time, but he's only 29 and whilst it seems his blistering pace has gone he has been a more than useful player since he signed for us. Anyway, just wanted to point out that maybe he's just having a spell of bad form, not unlike some other major players (notably Tiote and Colo) are having this season? I for one hope we haven't seen the last of the combative if technically limited Jonas who works tirelessly to protect the defense and relieves pressure with his runs with the ball and good protection of the ball drawing fouls.

Reading the Norwich match thread and the last pages of this one it seems most of us have all but given up on Jonas. There's no denying he hasn't been at his best for us for some time, but he's only 29 and whilst it seems his blistering pace has gone he has been a more than useful player since he signed for us. Anyway, just wanted to point out that maybe he's just having a spell of bad form, not unlike some other major players (notably Tiote and Colo) are having this season? I for one hope we haven't seen the last of the combative if technically limited Jonas who works tirelessly to protect the defense and relieves pressure with his runs with the ball and good protection of the ball drawing fouls.

To be brutally honest, he hasn't been the same player since the Keegan left. Since then he's always been a player than can retain the ball, and that's pretty much it.

To be brutally honest, he hasn't been the same player since the Keegan left. Since then he's always been a player than can retain the ball, and that's pretty much it.

Just to clarify, he played four matches under Keegan. :lol:

Honestly i think he should play against Norwich, especially with so many key players missing. If Cabaye was fit i might think differently but as it is we don't have much choice IMO.

Provided he's fit of course.

Guest icemanblue

I genuinely believe he's been carrying an injury this season, like. Think (hope) he'll be a hell of a lot better if it's now been rectified.

He never had blistering pace like

Always seemed to me to be one of those players who looked like he was running in treacle. Still as previously mentioned he's only 29 so I'd like to see him get somewhere near his best for us, we certainly could do with it.

Loved him in midfield last season.

Me too. I don't think he's finished, he's just in a bad spell and the team in general isn't functioning.

He has looked bad recently, but I hope he can play a part again.

I agree, I'm still pretty convinced he can do that role well in a more settled midfield three. As a wide midfielder though I'd say he's finished.