Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I thought he was absolutely outstanding. We saw last season that his best football came centrally so we've played him on the wing all season.

:thup:

Fucking boggles the mind. I've not seen him put in a single bad performance playing in the center.

Superb.

I'm a fan anyway, don't understand the abuse towards him, was outstanding tonight.

Hear hear, put a lovely little smelly Argentine sock in those reactionary moronic mouths tonight.

The 'abuse' he's received this season has been deserved, to an extent. He's a great character but he's put in some awful showings, that's not been completely his fault mind, he's clearly not a winger. Great tonight however, he's always looked useful in that midfield role, hopefully Pardew sees him as just that.

Guest icemanblue

I'm a fan anyway, don't understand the abuse towards him, was outstanding tonight.

Hear hear, put a lovely little smelly Argentine sock in those reactionary moronic mouths tonight.

:smug:

I know he's basically not very good any more, but he does know how to occupy space and allow players around him to do their thing. He also won't often be caught out trying to do too much. In a strange way him coming on for Cabaye might have changed us in the right way tonight.

I thought Jonas was excellent when he came on, I'm pleased for him because he rarely shines these days and I think a lot of that is down to how he's being asked to play.  He just sat in the middle of the field tonight and made some excellent runs and most of his passes found a team mate.

Was gutted about Cabaye's injury (hope it's not serious and he came off as a precaution) but I thought Jonas did very well to the point where I don't think we missed him that much tonight. Best performance for a while.

Funnily enough Pardew was pointing to Cabaye and shouting at him to switch it left, but when he tried he really had to wrap his foot around it to make the pass. That's when he pulled up...I blame Pardew ;)

Was great last night, we played infinitely better when he came on. Upped the tempo, played it short and accurate.

Good lad, still an absolute hero of a man, I just wish he hadn't lost every yard of pace he had so early in his career.

Guest neesy111

Was such a difference when he came on last night, we immediately pushed up a lot higher after he came on.

I'd forgotten how compotent he was in the middle.  Looked good there a few times last season.

Assuming Cabaye is out, not sure whether I'd rather see Sissoko drop deeper, or for Jonas to play in the middle?  Think both would be a better option than Anita.  I was really disappointed with him last night.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd forgotten how compotent he was in the middle.  Looked good there a few times last season.

Assuming Cabaye is out, not sure whether I'd rather see Sissoko drop deeper, or for Jonas to play in the middle?  Think both would be a better option than Anita.  I was really disappointed with him last night.

Thought Anita looked like a player who has missed a lot of games, very rusty. His 'tackle' was pretty bad and almost the only thing i remember him doing other than going off.

It's such a shame.  I really rate him and thought he'd be ideal in that midfield.  Cabaye pushing a bit further forward, Tiote in his usual slugger role and Anita just passing and moving, sat in front of the back 4. 

He went missing and there were always gaps to exploit.  Whilst I saw Tiote (often through his own doing granted) and Cabaye tearing up the turf to get back.  Anita was often nowhere to be seen.

Guest Roger Kint

It's such a shame.  I really rate him and thought he'd be ideal in that midfield.  Cabaye pushing a bit further forward, Tiote in his usual slugger role and Anita just passing and moving, sat in front of the back 4. 

He went missing and there were always gaps to exploit.  Whilst I saw Tiote (often through his own doing granted) and Cabaye tearing up the turf to get back.  Anita was often nowhere to be seen.

Aye i thought he would be perfect for us, still may be but he needs games and with Sissoko here thats going to be hard for him.

Said it 100000 (and more) times. If he is going to play it has to be as a CM that just makes short passes. He can´t play as a wing man, offers nothing, while he can contribute in the middle. a good back up.

Said it 100000 (and more) times. If he is going to play it has to be as a CM that just makes short passes. He can´t play as a wing man, offers nothing, while he can contribute in the middle. a good back up.

You have only posted 2,725 times, so I think you are lying.

Unless you keep telling random people about your thoughts on Jonas many times a day.

Thought Anita looked like a player who has missed a lot of games, very rusty. His 'tackle' was pretty bad and almost the only thing i remember him doing other than going off.

Just before the tackle he was in space screaming for the ball from Tiote who was on the left and Tiote ignored him and went to the wing and the ball went out for a throw.

Anita was slapping his hands together screaming across at them getting really frustrated.

I must admit that at the game from my vantage point i thought it was a foul on Anita not the other way around but a lad at work who watched on tv said it was proper nasty by Anita.

• 3 weeks later...