Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Well I think it's just another example of people's expectations being driven into the ground. £3m on a player is pocket change for Premier League clubs these days, yet to us it feels like a pretty big gamble for Norwich. He'll be a squad player for them at worst, and that's not a bad deal at all.

Look at this guy. £3m pocket change? :lol:

Besides that incredible comment, given Jonas ability, age and wages, I'd say £3m is a great deal on paper. (Provided that it is all invested in a new player....oh...)

You must have missed the bit in bold.

No, I certainly didn´t. It´s just a completely moronic statement with not even a whiff of truth to it. Even for the Chelseas and Man Citys is £3m "pocket change". :lol:

Okay. :thup:

e.g. Premier League clubs spent £630m between them last summer, with 4/5 of them spending £10m plus.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/PL-spend-summer-2013-gross-by-club.jpg

That can't be right, it shows us as spending less than anyone else.  :lol:

It is thought Gutiérrez, who refused to quit Tyneside when Newcastle were relegated to the Championship in 2009, would have been automatically entitled to a new three-year contract at Newcastle if he played 200 games for the club. He leaves having made a total 196 appearances.

It hit me today how much I really am gonna miss him. One of the last remaining members of that "group of lads", you could tell he was proud to be a Newcastle player and how much he appreciated the fans. Obviously well past his best now, it was actually quite sad at times watching him last season and realising just how much he'd deteriorated. He WAS once a skilful, speedy player (see Championship and 09/10 seasons) and although he had to adapt his game once his pace had diminished, always remained industrious and passionate for the cause.

I met him once on Northumberland Street, there was hardly anyone out as it was absolutely pissing it down, but when my mate shouted "Jonas!" as he passed, he stopped to shake our hands and have a quick chat.

Farewell, Spiderman.

A fitting tribute Oakie  :lol:

Watching Sewelley's goals compilation and I'd forgotten about most of them, 5 or 6 of them were solo goals where he took on a bunch of players to score. The free kick off his arse that he claimed was my favourite.

It is thought Gutiérrez, who refused to quit Tyneside when Newcastle were relegated to the Championship in 2009, would have been automatically entitled to a new three-year contract at Newcastle if he played 200 games for the club. He leaves having made a total 196 appearances.

'Here, we offer you a new 4-year contract til age 32 and on top of that, add another 3 years once you reach 200 appearances. How does that sound?'

Sounds like BS. Should have made it an exclusive option to extend on the club's side like WBA did with Shane Long. Those amateurs never learn.