Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I know it's an awkward situation and all that, but I see quotes today from Jonas saying he wants his place in the team to be on merit rather than sympathy, yet appears to hold a grudge to Pardew for saying to find a new club...for footballing reasons rather than keeping him just because of his situation. All seems a bit :undecided:

I know it's an awkward situation and all that, but I see quotes today from Jonas saying he wants his place in the team to be on merit rather than sympathy, yet appears to hold a grudge to Pardew for saying to find a new club...for footballing reasons rather than keeping him just because of his situation. All seems a bit :undecided:

I think the grudge against Pardew is because he had only just come back from his illness and was told fairly promptly to find a new club.  He wasn't given a chance to prove that he had recovered and at that point he was still obviously quite emotional about it all. 

You would think that most clubs would have at least let him see the season out with them whilst he was recovering and getting himself together before reviewing his future.  It looks like we decided he wouldn't offer much because of what he had been through so decided to get rid.  As a cold-hearted business decision, it was probably the correct decision but there are times when some human compassion is preferable and I think that would have been more appropriate at that point.

We are now at a different stage where he is fully recovered and getting back to fitness.  Unfortunately for him, he is out of contract at the end of the season and no-one expects him to be offered a new contract - probably not even Jonas himself but with a few decent performances, he might attract interest from other clubs.

Most sane, rational, decent people hate Pardew.

Guest TruToon94

I can still see him doing a good job in the championship to be honest.  He'll only have to wait a year and he'll be back at NUFC soon!

I can still see him doing a good job in the championship to be honest.  He'll only have to wait a year and he'll be back at NUFC soon!

He was average for the best team by far in the Championship 5 years ago. He's got nothing left to bring to the table but waning work rate.

He was average for the best team by far in the Championship 5 years ago. He's got nothing left to bring to the table but waning work rate.

No he wasn't, man, at all. He pissed on virtually every right-back. He, like many of the squad, were worlds above that league. He didn't score many, granted, but the goals were basically monopolised between Carroll, Nolan, and whoever the second striker was.

I remember James Perch keeping Jonás in his pocket all match when we played against Nottingham Forest.

Yup, did such a good job both our goals came from attacks down his side.

They were both good on the ball and worked amazingly well together but they never created much between them in any league. Routledge was definitely our most threatening player for the latter half of the Championship, he just refused to run at people once we were promoted.

Guest Roger Kint

They were both good on the ball and worked amazingly well together but they never created much between them in any league. Routledge was definitely our most threatening player for the latter half of the Championship, he just refused to run at people once we were promoted.

Was it not one of his last ever games for us when he actually did run at someone, Ashley Cole of all people and had a good game? Never understood the first half of that season with him.

Not all championship sides are trying to win the league. Could see Hughton taking him.

Work rate isn't a sin.

Hughton took him last season. He lost his job and Norwich got relegated shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...