Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

PETscan on Tuesday to see if it's hiding someplace else.  Surgery June 8th.  Two months of intensive chemo and radiation.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hard road and I'm up for it.

Welled up. Cheers fella, and best of wishes.

Yea good luck mate. Just lookup to Jonas for motivation to help you get through any tough times ahead.

I had berated our players all season for not having the balls to shoot from distance or just otside the area.the one who took that chance yesterday was Jonas and he scored!

I think we should at least keep him in the squad. With a better manager who would know when and when not to use him,he could be the valuable link between the players and the fans. Yes, getting a better manager is already a far fetched dream in itself, but when you look at the options on the bench, the likes of Ameobi, Obertan, Raylor and the like, I would rather have Jonas ahead of them on the bench and let the rest drift into oblivion.

There will be games where grit and graft will be very important, games like against Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester etc and I would rather have Jonas coming on as a sub to protect leads or to shore up the defensive midfield tht bringing on Obertan or Raylor. He can't play the games against Chelswa, Spurs, Arsenal and those fast paced teams, but we could use him in the Cup games that we have to play by default.

By the way, where was the Spiderman mask?

PETscan on Tuesday to see if it's hiding someplace else.  Surgery June 8th.  Two months of intensive chemo and radiation.

l

Ah man. All the best

Wish you all the best mate.

My step dad has just overcame prostate cancer.

stay strong.

He's been one of the best players now he's gotten back to fitness. I'd give him another year.

Can someone post the article that says what happened when the club treated him awfully?  I cant really remember the story

He's been one of the best players now he's gotten back to fitness. I'd give him another year.

Can someone post the article that says what happened when the club treated him awfully?  I cant really remember the story

I couldn't agree more. He deserve one more year and get rid of the other dead woods.

Not sure I agree. If we've still got the likes of Jonas around the first team next season then we've not done what we should have over the next few months

I'd far prefer him to leave us now, with Sunday in our memory and his, rather than it get to October and we're back to groaning at his poor passing/crossing etc.

Yep. I'd not say no to having the fella around after he's retired, because he's clearly got a lot of love for the club and seems to be an infectious, driven sort of character. However a new playing contract would be the wrong move; anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking with their head.

Agree with the last few posts. He was outstanding on Sunday and showed what a great professional he is, but it it's time to thank him for his service and move on. Bloody love him though, he was the leader on the pitch on Sunday, his performance lifted the whole crowd and quite a few of the other players.