Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Loves Geordies does Jonas.  Just posted a tweet about us

Jonas Gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas  · 1h1 hour ago 

I am a geordie thanks newcastle fans for your support. I love The city. I hope WE stay up. Come on The toon. Once a geordie always a geordie

I don't understand the legality on how he's won? Did the tribunal sit down and watch his performances second half of that 12-13 season in particular and see how shit he was before the illness? (Read this thread, watch the first Mackems 0-3, etc). Clubs drop players if they have similar clauses of an extension if they don't want to retain them (see Green at QPR) for example. By the 13/14 season Gouffran had done ok to that point, we had Remy, Sissoko and Ben Arfa playing in his position, purely from a football perspective not the club acting cunts perspective, I don't get it.

I don't understand the legality on how he's won? Did the tribunal sit down and watch his performances second half of that 12-13 season in particular and see how s*** he was before the illness? (Read this thread, watch the first Mackems 0-3, etc). Clubs drop players if they have similar clauses of an extension if they don't want to retain them (see Green at QPR) for example. By the 13/14 season Gouffran had done ok to that point, we had Remy, Sissoko and Ben Arfa playing in his position, purely from a football perspective not the club acting c***s perspective, I don't get it.

Because prior to his illness he was repeatedly selected. Which suggests they think he wasn't shite or playing shite. I suspect that's the main influence.

Jonas Gutierrez ‏@elgalgojonas  4m4 minutes ago

How made a club Is The fans not The players not The board. Always in my heart geordie nation. I love you

This guy :smitten:

We repeatedly played Steven Taylor until he got major injuries, does he have a case if he doesn't get a new contract? :undecided:

They're is probably insufficient evidence to state a claim for him. Given he is far more in and out of the team. 71 starts in 76 pretty much says he was one of the first names on the sheet... (Jonas)

c***s!!!  the f***ing lot of them!!! :rant:

Go Jonas!!!!  Love the man!!!

Hope his name gets sung loud and f***ing proud on Saturday afternoon!!!

So do I. Some twats will boo it like, cause they're fucking spastics.

We didn't have Remy for that period, only had Sissoko & Gouffran for 4 months, and from memory Jonas was filling in for the likes of Cabaye in midfield when he was injured, left-back for the derby, etc. Just seems a dangerous precedent imo.

If I'm honest; I feel like everyone has it in for Ashley at present and each little story such as this is another chink in his armour.

Had this been at a club like Norwich he probably wouldn't have won. It seems the details above probably weren't considered and / or weren't sufficient to question his availability or selection.

It is a dangerous precedent but I'm chuffed he won. He was a top professional and is a top bloke. A player I was proud to have representing us as fans, as he quite clearly gets it. Far more than 99% of the current shower.

Guest The Little Waster

Reminds me why im praying for us to get relegated , continually , until Ashley leaves .... Evil bastards

We didn't have Remy for that period, only had Sissoko & Gouffran for 4 months, and from memory Jonas was filling in for the likes of Cabaye in midfield when he was injured, left-back for the derby, etc. Just seems a dangerous precedent imo.

If I'm honest; I feel like everyone has it in for Ashley at present and each little story such as this is another chink in his armour.

Had this been at a club like Norwich he probably wouldn't have won. It seems the details above probably weren't considered and / or weren't sufficient to question his availability or selection.

It is a dangerous precedent but I'm chuffed he won. He was a top professional and is a top bloke. A player I was proud to have representing us as fans, as he quite clearly gets it. Far more than 99% of the current shower.

You only have to see the stories coming out of SD HQ about how he treats his staff there to see that it is quite credible that NUFC under his ownership would behave in this way.  The club certainly don't promote themselves as caring club.  Compare their treatment of Jonas to that of Petrov at Villa.

The tribunal seems to look at the point that the club didn't make any adjustments to the clause when he was ill. Therefore he had less games to achieve the required games so was discriminated against cos of his disability.

Plus the fact that it was clearly discussed between the managers and Charnley so all looks a little underhand.

The tribunal seems to look at the point that the club didn't make any adjustments to the clause when he was ill. Therefore he had less games to achieve the required games so was discriminated against cos of his disability.

Plus the fact that it was clearly discussed between the managers and Charnley so all looks a little underhand.

It makes you wonder if the board had any other influence on potential selections into the team based on player clauses etc. I'm not saying I had total trust in them, but it now brings serious questions about the leadership behind the club and that morals lie beneath finances.

I don't disagree that Jonas performances could be infuriating and I wasn't that bothered when he went to Norwich as I felt we had better players, but you couldn't fault his effort. Given the situation he faced to still deliver some of the performances he did highlights his professionalism and the type of guy he is.

It makes you wonder if the board had any other influence on potential selections into the team based on player clauses etc. I'm not saying I had total trust in them, but it now brings serious questions about the leadership behind the club and that morals lie beneath finances.

I don't disagree that Jonas performances could be infuriating and I wasn't that bothered when he went to Norwich as I felt we had better players, but you couldn't fault his effort. Given the situation he faced to still deliver some of the performances he did highlights his professionalism and the type of guy he is.

With the benefit of hindsight you have to wonder how much his performances were affected by his illness before it was diagnosed.