Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Not actually a big Jonas fan, frustrates the hell out of me.  Although I do think he brings a lot to the team and I am really happy with this news, can see him actually getting better and all.  What a statement of intent from the board.  Come on Colo you next, sign on the dotted line

Very pleased about this.  Good professional, great attitude, offers us a lot on the pitch.

Most of all I'm glad we've done this on the quiet without any bitching from either side in the press, refreshing.

My views exactly  O0

Glad to see him sign as he is a good professional but can't quite understand why certain players are getting extensions, Shola for instance WTF??? and Jonas whilst a good professional doesn't have a final product and surely this will stop the development of Marveaux, etc

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Glad to see him sign as he is a good professional but can't quite understand why certain players are getting extensions, Shola for instance WTF??? and Jonas whilst a good professional doesn't have a final product and surely this will stop the development of Marveaux, etc

He does have final product. And I see no reason why it will stop any development.

Suprisngly, watch last seasons dvd and you'll see he actually provides quite a few assists.

His biggest asset is his work rate, ability to hold up the ball, provide and outlet when under pressure and win us free kicks.

Can't see an ounce wrong with keeping him here.

Shola being offered a contract only makes sense if it means Sammy will be happy to stay put. Seeing as that is almost certainly the case it's well worth it.