Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

That co-commentator isn't worthy of debate like, I think even the commentator was embarrassed to be sitting next to him, and he himself was spouting shit.

This post from the Everton forum tickled me like...

Barry Horne: "I think Newcastle have shaded this half"

They've ****ted us you stupid Welsh ****!

:laugh:

Great day out this, and i saw the lesser spotted away win, after going with the usual attitude of having a good day out, and any sort of good result is a bonus. Fantastic atmosphere, performance and  goal. Had to laugh as we listened to Evertonian moans as we headed back to Lime St. Comments like "How did we lose to them, they're s**te." Also things like "we should be beating teams like that". Bit of a supieriority complex there.

I'm pretty sure there was a Posters in Public thread a while back but anyway, saw NSG on Saturday morning at Manchester Piccadilly. Unsurprisingly he was acting the goat and drawing unnecessary attention to himself.

• 2 months later...

The thing that puts Carroll's and Ben Arfa's above the likes of Barton's against Villa - is that they were genuinely unstoppable. Each keeper would have had to have been about nine foot tall to have got anything on either strike. Even then, they were hit well enough to withstand a parry. Barton absolutely pinged his but i daresay Friedel could have got a bit more on it. Loved all of them, though. We've actually scored some really good goals this year. I loved Shola's second against the Mackems n'all.

I was saying not long ago, we seemed to go on a real drought of scoring good goals. The turgid relegation season had very, very few moments of quality. I can't think of a single screamer we scored that season. Best goal was probably Duff vs Spurs, or maybe Martins vs Wigan.

We've already loads of good ones this season though  :aww:

I was saying not long ago, we seemed to go on a real drought of scoring good goals. The turgid relegation season had very, very few moments of quality. I can't think of a single screamer we scored that season. Best goal was probably Duff vs Spurs, or maybe Martins vs Wigan.

IMO you need to produce those bits of individual quality to beat better teams i reckon. Im just so chuffed we finally have players who can do that and have been doing so  :smitten:

Looking back, this was the game where I first genuinely believed we were a Premier League team again who should have no worries about relegation. Some of the stuff we played, the way we kept possession and just the way we had a go at an established top 7-8 Premier League side in their own ground was brilliant. Plus Ben Arfa & Tiote's first starts for us, great game.

Guthrie vs Portsmouth