Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Did Coloccini get a toe on Fellaini's late chance? I thought he'd just skied it but I keep reading that Coloccini deflected it over. If so absolutely brilliant by Colo.

I thought it was just an awful miss, but it went for a corner, so it has to go down as a great challenge. That's if the corner was the correct decision.

Dissapointed with jonas comments again, give the lad a break, if anything was proved today it was how fat and slow Nolan still is and that he should be dropped. Noticed many times Enrique had made his surge forward only to realise he had no help, this is where guti lends a hand and allows Jose to come inside for a push into the box. That aside class performance and thoroughly enjoyed most of it!

Utter dross. Nolan was really good today.

Sorry but I never noticed anything of note from kev other than when he fell over in the box, a lot of heart doesn't make up for an obvious lack of skill or talent, when he's not scoring I struggle to see what you obviously do, tiote and Barton ran the centre perfecty today

Coloccini had a sensational game today. I thought that was his best performance for us in the Premiership since pretty much his debut at Old Trafford. He looked calm, was composed on the ball, swept up perfectly and intercepted and tackled superbly in and around our penalty area. I honestly thought he looked a class above the other defenders on the pitch, with Enrique being the exception.

Tiote was magnificent, as well. He's got good control, has a good engine, reads the game well and doesn't panic when pressured, which is such a difference from Smith.

Barton had an excellent match, too. Similar to Tiote, he read the game well today and controlled our tempo really well. His movement seemed to be better today and his distribution was as good as it was against Wolves.

Ben Arfa: smooth criminal. What a hit. He'll skin most Premiership players with ease, and I'm including the likes of Terry and Vidic here because the guy's so agile and technically gifted. He'll probably only struggle against a quick, strong fullback like - someone like Evra and Cole - but if Hughton gives him the free role that he got today, he'll end up being our best player (performance wise - I don't think there is a doubt that he's our best player skills wise right now).

Carroll was a bit quiet and was well marked by Distin, who won the physical battle today, but he more than made up for it with his defending late on, which was superb.

Apisith, people will crucify you for syaing he's our most gifted player, but you are right, the french nation has know of his ability since the age of 14 when he was on some show at the Clairefontaine academy, you can't doubt his ability, we need to make sure his application is consistent and if that happens he could be one of the best in the prem as he's technically one of the best but his record points to the fact his application will not bethere.  I hope he has changed and I'm sure he can.

Read that everton pov match reaction, think he summed up the whole Carroll situation perfectly. Everton were probably expecting the whole lump it into the box for Andy Carroll show and it was evident in the defending, I'm guessing(hoping) chris hughton anticipates this and instead we dominated the middle of the park and passed and played them off the pitch!

Apisith, people will crucify you for syaing he's our most gifted player, but you are right, the french nation has know of his ability since the age of 14 when he was on some show at the Clairefontaine academy, you can't doubt his ability, we need to make sure his application is consistent and if that happens he could be one of the best in the prem as he's technically one of the best but his record points to the fact his application will not bethere.  I hope he has changed and I'm sure he can.

???

Mixing athleticism, endeavour, and no small measure of ability, Barton was making Everton’s own engine room look pedestrian.

when has that been said about any of our cms

Barton was magnificent for us today. He drove us forward really well today.

Mixing athleticism, endeavour, and no small measure of ability, Barton was making Everton’s own engine room look pedestrian.

when has that been said about any of our cms

Barton was magnificent for us today. He drove us forward really well today.

Him & Nolan were very good in the middle today. Barton set pieces were a lot better.

There were a lack of crosses to the Big AC though.

OK, one good performance won't convince me either.

I think the key will be how long before he gets fed up and decides he wants to be somewhere else. I think he's more than good enough to play in this league otherwise.

The lads got a touch of class. He reminds me of Beardsley during Pedros first spell at SJP. Very different player but looks quicker of foot and thought than the rest of the team. The big question is why wasnt there any competition for his signature?

I also compared him to Beardsley in the HBA thread, mainly because I used to watch generally crap Newcastle teams which were transformed by talented individuals like Beardsley, Waddle and Gascoigne. The difference was end product. All three didn't just have skill they delivered the knockout blow. Just like Ben Arfa duid today.

Beardsley in particular made the players around him better than they were. Whereas Gazza and Waddle lifted the level of the team but were more individual players? Not very well explained.

I wasn't talking about styles, more an observation on these are talented players who can win a game with one piece of magic. By that I don't just mean go on a mazy dribble then put in a crap cross or blaze it over the bar, but actually deliver the knockout blow.

some solid performances today from Colo, Jose, Joey, Tiote and Ben Arfa and they were a joy to watch.  Sadly, we wont encounter many teams as poor as everton were today.  Pleased with Bartons efforts so far this season, just hope he can stay fit.

Just got back, absolutely fantastic day.

Don't think I've ever celebrated like I did when Ben Arfa scored. f***ing incredible moment.

:smitten:

Great to hear that, mate. I'm sure our travelling lot did us proud (as usual).  :thup:

Howay the lads!

The cunting fucking Ref today. I can still see Nolans legs mysteriously defying gravity. After Bartons reception in Wolverhampton i'd wager that there is torrid ilegal wagering afoot in this league

???

Well, I thought ronaldo might be around and it's one game.

I fucking love it when we win unexpectedly!

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3558/010278905545100.jpg

BOOM :snod:

Take a bow, son!

Last time Goodison saw talent like that it was sold to Manu.

Unibomber, bottom right hand corner.  (Hence the BOOM?) ;)