Newcastle United 1 - 2 Stoke City - 26/09/10 - post match reaction from page 31

Dave

Guest neesy111

Should teams like stoke be banned from football, because if I were a neutral I would of switched off that match after 15 mins.

We might not like it but there is no law against playing shite football. If the manager can get the players, board and supporters to buy what they are selling then good luck to them. If everyone played the same way football would not be as interesting.

And tbf, we've served up some awful dross in our time.

Nothing on the scale of that.  This is an entertainment business, if all teams played like Stoke their would be nee-one willing to pay to watch the fucker.

Who are the commentators?

c***'s is what they are, Gray and Tyler are their names I believe.

I don't have Tyler and Gray. Whoever they are, they're spot on. Well impressed.

I think I have the same group. Haven't cursed at them once.

I can't stand Andy Gray. Unless it's a top team he's not interested.

Not a bad performance, we've been the better team and played some nice stuff (dare I say it... as usual), but we've got more in us.

Barton, Enrique, and Colo have been superb, no one has really been poor.... except Routledge, I think this is the worst he's played this season so far. Looks like he's lacking confidence or something, afraid to take on his man.

Who are the commentators?

c***'s is what they are, Gray and Tyler are their names I believe.

I don't have Tyler and Gray. Whoever they are, they're spot on. Well impressed.

Think you have the same international Premiership feed as me. It was two men with English sounding names. I've agreed with almost everything they've said. Stark change from Everton.

Guest firetotheworks

No changes needed imo, Carroll is quietly diverting the attention, we just need the others to step up, Routledge especially.

crossing is not the way to beat stoke, thats meat and drink for their defence,

houghton needs to tell wayne to stop crossing everytime, and try and cut in more to dink sum little balls in, same for ben arfa but iv noticed we r not attacking their right side much at all.

think we identified their leftback is their weakness but so far we havent taken advantage.  should try their right side more 2nd half.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Was Barton's challenge really a penalty? looks like they both went in as much as each other!

Went into his back...a soft penalty but still a penalty in my eyes...stupid of Barton to take the risk!

houghton needs to tell wayne to stop crossing everytime, and try and cut in more to dink sum little balls in, same for ben arfa but iv noticed we r not attacking their right side much at all.

think we identified their leftback is their weakness but so far we havent taken advantage.  should try their right side more 2nd half.

What I don't understand is routledge normally does cut in and dink balls in, today he seems to think its a good idea to cross.

I hope that we'll go for the 2nd and 3rd goal. The goal difference will always be important for us (as it already is, as it makes the difference between beeing 5th or 7th)

Would also show how dominant we've been more than only a 1-0 win.

If they were accurate they'd cause some problems, HBA has already shown decent quick high balls in the box unsettles them, just Routledge can't even beat his first man with a cross nevermind get one in the box and having it come in at a dangerous angle and with pace.