James Perch

James

People are going overboard like, he's poor, but anyone who thinks he's the worst player to have worn the shirt obviously hasn't been watching for very long. Boumsong still easily takes that cake and quaffs it.

I still have some hope of getting something out of Perch. Not a lot, but something.

Boumsong was like Pele on the ball compared to Perch.

Guest firetotheworks

People are going overboard like, he's poor, but anyone who thinks he's the worst player to have worn the shirt obviously hasn't been watching for very long. Boumsong still easily takes that cake and quaffs it.

You cant say the bit in bold & then say Boumsong.

Surely that means that I absolutely can? As in Boumsong wasn't that long ago. Still the worst I've seen since '94.

I still have some hope of getting something out of Perch. Not a lot, but something.

You could boil him down and get some canny glue? :dontknow:

Do you write your own material?

If he's poor at 25 he's not going to get any better imo. Best off just cutting our losses and sending him back down a division or two where his talent belongs.

He's of absolutely no use to us whatsoever while we're in this league unfortunately. It's not his fault and the effort is there but the talent isn't.   

You cant say the bit in bold & then say Boumsong.

Surely that means that I absolutely can? As in Boumsong wasn't that long ago. Still the worst I've seen since '94.

Since 94 I didnt realise you were going that far back.

You could boil him down and get some canny glue? :dontknow:

Do you write your own material?

If he's poor at 25 he's not going to get any better imo. Best off just cutting our losses and sending him back down a division or two where his talent belongs.

He's of absolutely no use to us whatsoever while we're in this league unfortunately. It's not his fault and the effort is there but the talent isn't.   

Correct.

Don't you remember Boumsong during Liverpool and Man United at home?

Boumsong was a mess here and didn't adapt to the league at all but in terms of footballing ability and talent he is way ahead of James Perch.

Boumsong wasn't a bad footballer, just a dreadful Premiership one. Couldn't head a balloon and weak as piss. He might have adapted, Coloccini-style, given the chance but I'm glad he never got it tbh. In his defence, he never gave Thierry Henry a sniff - best striker in the world and the only fucker Boumsong could defend against.

Perch is one of the worst for us i've personally seen at this level. Probably on par with Boumsong, but atleast he actually looked decent for a few months.

Uhh, I suggest searching youtube for Boumsong videos to refresh your memories.

The over reaction on this thread is cringeworthy.

Agreed.

I think he deserves to be dropped and may never be more than backup, but he doesn't look as hopelessy out of his depth as the likes of Huntington and Ramage did. Of course 5 yellows in 5 games is not good but I'd rather he picks up a yellow than lets a man in on goal. He can't keep doing it but people are judging him on a handful of games at a new club. The own goal seems to have given people free license to make him a laughing stock but if he hadn't intercepted that ball it was going to be a goal anyway.

He's been a big disappointment. He looks very nervous and I don't know whether he can got over that and at least play to the best of his ability. That may not be anything great, but he may turn out to be better than Simpson, who looked just as shaky against West Ham as he'd ever been IMO.

Unfortunately, I think we'll still be looking for another RB at the end of the season.

PS - Unless Tavernier is able to step up. He looks good going forward at least.

How many players slot straight into a Premiership team after playing all their football in the lower leagues?  Writing off a player who wasn't even brought in to be our first choice right back after he has only played a handful of games is laughable.  Now that Simpson is back Perch can be given games in the cups, get to know his team mates better and gain a bit of confidence.  I'm not saying he is going to set the world alight but he does at least give us a little depth of cover across the back four which is something we have been sorely missing over the last couple of seasons

I'd say he's on par with the likes of Huntington and Ramage n'all tbh. They all just slot happily into the 'nowhere near good enough for this level' category. There's little separating them.

As with Perch, Ramage can do a decent job in the Championship, shame the gap is absolutely huge.

The Huntington fiasco should serve as a reminder to a fair few on here (one beachball-sharp poster springs to mind) who seemingly want untested youngsters to be thrown in at the deep end, even if it means playing them out of position. And in absolutely crucial games, too. :lol: