Carroll and Shola two man wrecking crew

TRon

both did well with the ball in the air and at their feet today.  would like to see more fo them up front together.

Yeah I always rated Shola's footwork despite the criticism elsewhere but I was really impressed with Carroll on the deck today. He was running at the filth and had them terrified by the end of the first 15 mins.

Shola really benefits from Andy Carroll's insane workrate and battling style. Carroll does a lot of things that Shola just doesn't quite do as naturally, for his size and build. It allows Shola to run the channels more and "freestyle" a bit more to some extent, without it being detrimental to the teams play or ability to hold up the ball. Looks great. Really happy Shola's patience has been rewarded. He's looking like he did at the start of last season before he got injured.

Guest guinness_fiend

I'd still like to see more of Ranger and Carroll together.  I have a (completely unsubstantiated) feeling that they could be awesome together, given the time.

Was suprised how well they both did with the ball at their feet, especially Carroll. Went past several today, wouldve been through 3 times.

Carrolls really starting to shine & Sholas got that confidence hes always needed due to last season.

Barton/Simpson whipping in class balls is helping to, with Guti also now looking very good going fowards. Its all good stuff. Loads of potential.

Both of them performed extremely well. What's peculiar is that they both look a yard quicker than they did a year ago. I can remember Kinnear getting Shola back in the team, the year we went down, and he was sucking air after 15/20 minutes. He looks so much fitter nowadays and it's good to see, especially considering his injuries.

Carroll's genuinely got a really decent turn of pace. Didn't get on the scoresheet but his running scared the defense absolutely shitless - brilliant performance.

Carroll's probably just learned to use his body and pace more effectively.

Shola might have lost a bit of weight in the last month. Been one of the best all round performances I've seen from him.

Not entirely sure what happened today as the whole thing has been clouded by alcohol. But i expected them to have a shitload more of the ball. They had an extra man in midfield at the start and i thought with nolan in the middle we'd be found out. Fuck me did i get that wrong! YES. :D

I agree. I also think that having Barton on the right side of midfield, as well as Jonas on the left (and his ability to now cross the ball quite well) we have a very good balance within the side. And of course Tiote counts as two men in midfield so we can afford to put Nolan beside him!  :smitten: