Manchester City

OzzieMandias

The Balotelli thing is class btw, really hope he just burst into the room while class was going on and started screaming maniacally at the bully while slapping himself in the face and foaming at the mouth.

people shouldn't despise man city, they are only doing exactly what many want us to do (whilst agreeing that it is 'killing the game') and their fans are behaving exactly as ours would in the same situation.

I'd hate for us to do what Chelsea and City have done.

would you hate it more than spending the next 5-10 years trying to find and develop new players so they can be sold to clubs with more ambition and money (regardless of the origin of the money)?

genuine question like, not taking the piss

No Dave! THERE ARE ONLY TWO TYPES OF FOOTBALL CLUBS! Those that spend money and those that don't. Stop licking Ashley's arse ffs and burn some £20 notes while doing the Poznan.

I'd hate for us to do what Chelsea and City have done.

would you hate it more than spending the next 5-10 years trying to find and develop new players so they can be sold to clubs with more ambition and money (regardless of the origin of the money)?

genuine question like, not taking the piss

Personally I would, because it's very possible that the club can progress while developing those players, and in time we will get better and less of them will move on to richer clubs (which is all "ambition" really means in these discussions IMO).

No Dave! THERE ARE ONLY TWO TYPES OF FOOTBALL CLUBS! Those that spend money and those that don't. Stop licking Ashley's arse ffs and burn some £20 notes while doing the Poznan.

:lol:

I agree with Dave though, I think I'd hate us to be like Man City.

Probably, yes. There are places in between those two extremes though.

no no fair enough, coming back to the thread i knew i'd weighted the question - but that's 'cause under MA i don't think we will operate in between but anyway

i'm of the same opinion as you tbh - i mean if we'd had a city style takeover i couldn't say i wouldn't be able to enjoy the ride but as we haven't had one i'd prefer to operate as a "proper" club too

under shepherd i spent enough time whinging about him racking up the debt and wanting to develop youth more etc.

still standby by that, i'm just one of the crowd who think that whenever we do this under MA it's very unlikely to every be for the long-term benefit of the club rather than for MA

i prefer the clubs approach to transfers incoming (and outgoing) x1,000 these days, there just aren't enough of them so far for me

It's an awkward one like regarding "would you want to do a City?" It would be fun, yes, but you cannot realy be 'proud' of you're club can you? It would be enjoyably embaracing, and at the minute i'd answer no, but if 12 months down the line we're bordering on relegation i'd most certainly say yes.

Ultimately, it's a wait and see until the financial fair play rules come in and we see if they have some effect on how big clubs operate.

For me it's not even about whether we would get away with it, it's about the lack of pride in success that's just bought instantly.

Ultimately, it's a wait and see until the financial fair play rules come in and we see if they have some effect on how big clubs operate.

For me it's not even about whether we would get away with it, it's about the lack of pride in success that's just bought instantly.

Well, I mostly meant if there's still hope that we can go back to how football was, say, 20 years ago where a well stewarded and managed team could still compete with the big boys (like yourselves in the Keegan era), which is now impossible.

• 1 month later...

They've changed the name of their stadium and the whole area around it to "Etihad" for £10m per season for 10 years (with £2m a season going to the council who still own the stadium).

Eastlands is now the "Etihad arena"...