Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Guest Stephen927

Could see Mancini's thinking when he brought on Zabaleta and Barry. It allowed the other players to bomb forward but the team would still have a shape which would still give them a bit of security at the back. Bizarre change to make but it made sense.

The job is too big for anybody but Mourinho and he won't fancy doing the same thing he had to do when he took over from Ranieri. Man City are at the same stage as Chelsea were then.

I don't think it'll be long before they click, whether Mancini is still there or not I don't know. They've kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games, I think they can afford to drop one of the defensive midfielders now as defensively they're fairly sound.

Mancini can't build a team, he doesn't have the time. He's had to essentially buy a brand new one, made-up of players motivated by money. It's destined to fail.

:sadnod:

I wouldn't even call them a 'team' - just a group of players.

Guest Stephen927

I don't mean it as in Man City are a big club. Mourinho is the only manager I can see being able to go into that dressing room and get some respect from the over-paid bunch of slackers.

The thing that sums Man City and the attitude of the squad is the way a lot of them came out and complained about Mancini making them do double-sessions.

Used to go and watch them when I lived in Manc and they played at Maine Road in Div 2. Saw the famous 10-1 and them getting crushed 4-0 by Liverpool in the cup.

I think the problem is that unlike Mourinho, they started with a poor side that gave up on Erickson. His last game was the collapse to the Smoggies, 7-0 or whatever it was.

Tinkerman left lots of good players and had signed Cech to come in. Hughes was laughably shite (Wayne Bridge!) and Mancini is too defensive (read as shite if you like).

Bellamy has fallen out with too many people to suggest he's blameless. It's also pointless for a big club to bend over backwards for him because he's a crock.

Stephen Ireland is over-rated  and I don't know how anyone can claim Dunne was a big mistake having seen us play Villa this year.

Basically they need a Mourinho, dare I say Hitzfeld, or some other top boss to come in. ManUre fans seem to think they have a divine right to Mou, but it would be great if Citeh got him.

This is not to say that I support big money in the game. I would happily see limits and the CL revert back to the European Cup with only the champions involved. That would make things much more even.

Nah, they're basically all the shite things about football rolled into one shitty football club.

- Unlimited budget to try and buy success.

- Negative, boring football style.

- Overpaid bunch of wankers for a squad.

Honestly would rather see Man United keep winning things than City, much as I've hated them over the years. At least that club has some sort of soul to it.

• 1 month later...

Bloke shouted out of a bus yesterday on the way out of toon: "newcastle is a shit hole"

I don't even know where to start with that comment, especially as he was shouting it out of a fucking transit van and headed back to Manchester, fucking Manchester :lol:

My strategy would be to ignore it.

Bloke shouted out of a bus yesterday on the way out of toon: "newcastle is a s*** hole"

I don't even know where to start with that comment, especially as he was shouting it out of a f***ing transit van and headed back to Manchester, f***ing Manchester :lol:

If  its so sh** drink in Sunderland before you get to Newcastle, and don't sample our glorious city  :smug:

" I want to go home , i want to go home, Newcastleeeeeeee's a shithole i want to go home"

Horrible set of c***s their fans. And that back to goal bouncy thing they stole from eastern Europe is embarrassing.

The Poznan? Pogo If You Love The Toon ftw  :snod:

Guest Heneage

At least when Chelsea were new money the fans weren't total bell-ends. There's few I've met who have any humility these days showing no regret over what happened to Ben Arfa or the away game in general, also claiming yesterday they dominated and Milner was fantastic.

Bloke shouted out of a bus yesterday on the way out of toon: "newcastle is a shit hole"

I don't even know where to start with that comment, especially as he was shouting it out of a fucking transit van and headed back to Manchester, fucking Manchester :lol:

Saw those tossers on the way up at Scotch Corner, giving it large to parents with there kids and that in the services, arseholes.

Vehicle fail.

At least when Chelsea were new money the fans weren't total bell-ends. There's few I've met who have any humility these days showing no regret over what happened to Ben Arfa or the away game in general, also claiming yesterday they dominated and Milner was fantastic.

Really? I remember every time they were on TV that first season the Sky camera would focus on this one bloke who'd kiss £10-£20 notes and throw it in the air.

The thing with City is they had an opportunity to gain some goodwill.  Sure, there would've always been their detractors due to the money, but there was a "right way to do it"

If they built an exciting youthful team that played great football and (with Tottenham) broke open the old "Big 4" they would've generally been accepted.  Chelsea weren't that, but at least they had the Special One who was worth the ticket price.

Too many Barry's, Milner's, Lescott's and Adebayor's, not enough Silva's, Johnson's and Tevez's - players who aren't cunts and are actually worth the crazy money being thrown around (or in the case of Adam Johnson canny young signings).