Manchester City

OzzieMandias

• 1 month later...

All the money in the world can't make you a big club if no cunt turns up.

At least the ones that did made the atmosphere intimidating...

Pretty sure Maine Rd used to be a decent atmosphere, amazing how quick fans get complacent these days.

Anyone read the interview of Aguero in this months 442? Basically he says Jonas was marking him for a corner they were chatting Aguero gave him the old 'someone's calling you over there' Jonas turns his head and Aguero runs for the short corner. Jonas shouted you 'you f***ing son of a bitch' at the next corner :lol:

Anyone read the interview of Aguero in this months 442? Basically he says Jonas was marking him for a corner they were chatting Aguero gave him the old 'someone's calling you over there' Jonas turns his head and Aguero runs for the short corner. Jonas shouted you 'you f***ing son of a bitch' at the next corner :lol:

:lol:

Jonas so gullible. He's man that should've stayed in the squad just for the sake of it like Pinto if it wasn't for the fact that he's on a bazillion a week.

Hart gets beat at his near post far too often.

Hart has terrible positional sense. He's a good shot stopper like most goalkeeper and pretty good in the air (if I'm not being mistaken now at least) but his biggest problem is where to stand. Sometimes he leaves huge gaps from different angles.

So he's basically Srnicek but slightly better at crosses (although Pav did get better at those over time).

Shot stopping is the most basic keeper skill, most people can look good at shot stopping as long as they aint afraid of the ball, its the positioning and timing that makes a good keeper, and Hart is c+ at best in those aspects

what was the verdict on that goal vs liverpool, entirely hart's fault?  i mean it's no fault of the defender (other than sterling mugged him like a 90 year old granny) but on the brief view i saw of it hart was directly behind the defender and unsighted then decided to take a gamble on which way he'd go

what was the verdict on that goal vs liverpool, entirely hart's fault?  i mean it's no fault of the defender (other than sterling mugged him like a 90 year old granny) but on the brief view i saw of it hart was directly behind the defender and unsighted then decided to take a gamble on which way he'd go

50/50 with Kompany

Guest zicomartin

That's virtually a full house. No chance there was anywhere near that many there.

The old tickets sold book cooking/saving face tactic loads of clubs use.

You forgot the bit about circumventing FFP

Guest neesy111

That's virtually a full house. No chance there was anywhere near that many there.

Doesn't that have to happen by law for tax purposes?

Guest zicomartin

Doesn't that have to happen by law for tax purposes?

If that were the case, would it be ethical for Sunderland to count all the freebies that they give away in their attendance figures?

• 4 weeks later...

Really good bit on 5 Live last night about Man City and talks about how they thought they could avoid FFP, really worth a listen. :thup:

Was also funny when Mark Pougatch talk about how they've spent all of this money yet can't sell out.  :iamatwat:

• 1 month later...
Yaya Toure claims Manchester City would not let him spend time with his dying brother Ibrahim before he joined their post-season trip to Dubai.

Ibrahim Toure died last week in Manchester at the age of 28 after a battle with cancer.

Midfielder Yaya and Liverpool defender Kolo Toure are currently in Brazil with the Ivory Coast squad at the World Cup.

And Yaya Toure told France Football that City prevented him from leaving the title celebrations in Dubai.

He said: "City did not want to give me a few days. I went to celebrate in the wake of the league title in Abu Dhabi, while my brother was dying in his bed.

"In retrospect, I regret not having insisted. For not making them respect me. However, my employers knew that I was suffering for a few months seeing my brother's health decline."

Toure also said of Ibrahim: "He was my confidant, my best friend too."

City have declined to comment on Toure's remarks but it is understood they were not approached about the possibility of him returning to the UK. The club has granted compassionate leave in the past – former boss Roberto Mancini missed a game following the death of his father.

:undecided: