Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Good read. Had heard a bit about this on a podcast in the summer with James Montague who wrote "The Billionaires Club". Would be a real moral dilemma if we got taken over by scum like this. They make Ashley look like a saint

:lol: Nah, can't believe anyone would want them here, to be honest.

They play unreal football at times but I cannot stand them. Probably out of shear jealousy but they're only what they are because of Manchester United and their success for me. Running away with the league through investment and nothing else, just ridiculous amounts of investment...and we get like none.

Friends of ours came over with a curry tonight. They're from Indiana/Ohio, with no particular ties to any team, but they both play football, and have a son who's seven who also plays. He's chosen Man City as his team. If we were doing this ten years ago he'd have no idea they existed.

I'm 44. I shouldn't give the slightest shit about this. I do, though.

Friends of ours came over with a curry tonight. They're from Indiana/Ohio, with no particular ties to any team, but they both play football, and have a son who's seven who also plays. He's chosen Man City as his team. If we were doing this ten years ago he'd have no idea they existed.

I'm 44. I shouldn't give the slightest shit about this. I do, though.

That's the kind of support they will now attract as a global club.

They definitely look like the best PL team ever and play like the Harlem Globetrotters of football - unbelievable stuff, but at what cost ?

The soul has been ripped out of them and they are now a rich Arab's toy, loaded with global superstars who just by co-incidence ply their trade in Manchester rather than Paris or Leipzig.

Cynical maybe, but had they evolved in a Man U or Arsenal manner rather than just bought instant success it would be easier to admire them,but like PSG and RB Leipzig they are broadly despised by real football fans around the world.

Your friends' son will fit the profile of their fans from now on while the old hardcore become a small minority.

They definitely look like the best PL team ever and play like the Harlem Globetrotters of football - unbelievable stuff, but at what cost ?

They are definitely lacking charisma and personality. From the outside, they seem a very boring football club now.

They are definitely lacking charisma and personality. From the outside, they seem a very boring football club now.

Prefer the Arsenal invincible team

I don't think any amount of money buys you that Real Madrid or Barcelona sheen as a club. You may have great teams and win loads of trophies but casual fans won't take to you the same as they do clubs of that ilk which are steeped in tradition, history and personality.

I don't think any amount of money buys you that Real Madrid or Barcelona sheen as a club. You may have great teams and win loads of trophies but casual fans won't take to you the same as they do clubs of that ilk which are steeped in tradition, history and personality.

:thup: same reason Liverpool, Celtic, Ajax, etc will always be a massive deal even if they've been shite for ages.

:thup: same reason Liverpool, Celtic, Ajax, etc will always be a massive deal even if they've been shite for ages.

I think PSG are the best example. All the money in the world, buying great players and even taking one of Barca's top players from them. Yet I still think of Marseille as the biggest French club.

Their football is awsome. Unfortunately it is coming to the point where no one will be able to compete because they will buy all the best players whether they need them or not.  Football as we knew it will die and the Man City's of this world will be just like the Harlem Globetrotters doing exhibition matches

We''ll see, but if you read that article you can see their ambition. They don't just want to be as big as barca/madrid/ man u, they want to surpass them completely in every way. How long is it before those clubs simply can not compete with manchester city in finacial terms. The fan base won't be far behind after that.

Their football is awsome. Unfortunately it is coming to the point where no one will be able to compete because they will buy all the best players whether they need them or not.  Football as we knew it will die and the Man City's of this world will be just like the Harlem Globetrotters doing exhibition matches

Case in point: Guardiola reportedly issued a directive to his board. If any PL team (especially Manyoo) made a move for Ousmane Dembele last Summer, they (the board) were ordered to blow any bid out of the water (effectively hijacking a transfer to a rival).

thats for fifa to sort out. stop the current loan system to stop clubs like citeh and chelsea hoarding players to loan out. stop link-up between clubs from different countries so squad players cant be dumped there either. this is more important than ffp. let clubs spend as much as they want, but no stocking up and loaning out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd will never be usurped as the biggest football club's in the world. Go to any of those grounds on any given day or even their Cities and they are streets ahead of the rest. Man City have a whole new feel about them and I'm hoping if we get taken over and start spending mega money and becoming successful, due to SJP, we will never feel like a new club which they do. Chelsea sort of do as well, but they don't at the same time if you know what I mean.

Surely some of these historically big clubs have been doped in the past like Man City have been recently? In 50 years younger fans won't give a shit that they were funded by oil money, they'll care that they've grown up watching them win league titles and CL's. Not many people today care about General Franco's influence on Real Madrid.

Guest Howaythetoon

Surely some of these historically big clubs have been doped in the past like Man City have been recently? In 50 years younger fans won't give a s*** that they were funded by oil money, they'll care that they've grown up watching them win league titles and CL's. Not many people today care about General Franco's influence on Real Madrid.

Sadly its the way football is heading, clubs are quickly losing their identity and heritage forever becoming something new and fans are being outpriced replaced by customers who one day if we are not careful, will simply swap their custom for whoever is the best team or most fashionable.

We are quite lucky being a one city club in many ways.

Over the next ten years they will become the biggest club in the world

Nah, they won't even be in 50 years.

Not while the likes of Barca and Madrid exist.

Are you sure? Do top young footballers even want to play for Inter or Milan anymore?

If Madrid and Barca can grow their revenues then they’ll be fine. If they can’t, then I see no reason why they won’t go the way of Milan or Inter.

I see a lot of the reasons why people dislike Man City etc, but honestly, they are fucking amazing to watch at the moment and it may be a while till we see another team in the league play like this. De Bruyne is a fucking magnificent player. Yeah yeah garish wealth, yeah yeah morally dubious owners, yeah yeah plastic fans etc etc, but come on, they're scoring for fun in a way that doesn't happen often.

Guest Howaythetoon

I enjoy watching them, but I preferred vintage us under KK, Arsenal and Man Utd. They are a bit special though and although they have spent fortunes, Pep deserves massive praise and respect and indeed the players. If Sterling could finish you’d be looking at 30+ a season. He’s insane under Pep as are the rest and the Belgium fella... best in the league for me, sublime. Love Silva as well.