Manchester City

OzzieMandias

City haven't been able to shake off the fact that they're a middling size provincial club who just happen to have been handed a load of cash.

I was thinking this the other day. They don't have that big club sheen like Chelsea bought for themselves.

I guess i'm mad, I haven't a single problem with them these days - I hated them until Aguero hit that PL title winner, in which I was jealous, loved that moment/madness, and loved that it sunk Man Utd that day. Having said that - Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany are some of my favorite players today -- I look at Kompany as one of the best football captains and leaders in football.

But yeah - boo hoo though to their fans, lucky as fuck to have went from that fraudulent fella to Mansour man, lucky bastard.

Southampton could buck the trend tbh

Southampton are an excellent example. They have a great academy, but look at the summer, they all fled after having a very good season. In future there is nothing to stop the likes of Chelsea and Man City from snatching these players early on to place into their academies.

Yup but they reinvested it's all about building up to the point where big players stay.

problem is it only takes once for the sell players and improve plan to fail to fuck it all up. They have defied all normal football logic when it comes to selling off that many players at once the worst thing they could do is think they can repeat the trick.

City haven't been able to shake off the fact that they're a middling size provincial club who just happen to have been handed a load of cash.

I was thinking this the other day. They don't have that big club sheen like Chelsea bought for themselves.

only mourinho did this, he put them on the map

Guest neesy111

Is that Shinawatra still living like a king in West London 'on the run' from Thai police?

Living in the middle east now, has a 4 year prison sentence to serve if he returns home.

• 3 years later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306141

Another two faced comment by 'United', I wonder if United 'complained' when Gary 'I'm a twat' Neville ran the length of the pitch.

(United had just scored at the Crapford end) and he ran to the 'pool supports, kissing the crap off his shirt) when they beat Liverpool ? Oh no, i don't think they did.

Tough sh*t United.

Also i watch these games with the sound off, as to me, unlike to BEEB, there is some bias to what is perceived to be the 'best' team both from Sky and BT.

Well, after the final whistle i turned up the volume, and wow, it sounded like Martin Tyler had been kicked in the bo**ocks - had a real downer on him.

Makes me think Sky are totally in favour of the scum United.

Hay Hoy, here's to more games like this..

Merry Xmas Everyone.

(Am just trying to cheer myself up from the 'fiasco' of Saturday night.)

Had a heated discussion with Citeh supporter who became a fan at the tender age of 20. He doesn't even know who owns the club, doesn't even care tbh. Anyway he was pretty offended that I wasn't a fan of Guardiola.

The case I presented - top coach, but I'm not keen on the bloke (because of his reputation, in the man-management department). So this kid throws in my face the "Newcastle are s***, you don't like Guardiola & Manchester City because you're jealous" card. Add context to his remark, he's aware that of the current top echelon I lean towards Spurs (based on Pochettino record at Southampton). So he doesn't like it when I sing Pochettino's accomplishments, with a far more restrictive transfer budget compared with City's open chequebook. Had to remind him there's no jealousy on my part, even happily admitted that we're s***. Btw he has no idea who Mike Ashley is either - only follows City's transfer rumours. Just had to inform him that I don't envy a football fan who happened to 'discover' the richest club in England just shy of his 21st bithday, and doesn't know what Maine Rd was.

Had a heated discussion with Citeh supporter who became a fan at the tender age of 20. He doesn't even know who owns the club, doesn't even care tbh. Anyway he was pretty offended that I wasn't a fan of Guardiola.

The case I presented - top coach, but I'm not keen on the bloke (because of his reputation, in the man-management department). So this kid throws in my face the "Newcastle are s***, you don't like Guardiola & Manchester City because you're jealous" card. Add context to his remark, he's aware that of the current top echelon I lean towards Spurs (based on Pochettino record at Southampton). So he doesn't like it when I sing Pochettino's accomplishments, with a far more restrictive transfer budget compared with City's open chequebook. Had to remind him there's no jealousy on my part, even happily admitted that we're s***. Btw he has no idea who Mike Ashley is either - only follows City's transfer rumours. Just had to inform him that I don't envy a football fan who happened to 'discover' the richest club in England just shy of his 21st bithday, and doesn't know what Maine Rd was.

I know plenty of city fans who were there through all the bad times, they can't stand the glory hunting pricks either.

It's the price of success I'm afraid.

Personally I would never see Chelsea as a "big sheen" club or a big club for that matter.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will say this their owners have invested a lot of money into the community so that is to like and of course their football. But that’s about it.