Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Said before that at least Chelsea kept Lampard and Terry and I think that retained a little bit of their soul as a club, particularly the latter, but Man City have just had the heart totally ripped out of them imo.

I fucking hate Mike Ashley but that aside, if I could have a billionaire come in tomorrow and he said he'd replace Carroll with Torres, Enrique with Ashley Cole, Tiote with Sneijder and Krul with Buffon, do you know what? I'll stick with what I've got, cheers.

David Silva is very likeable and is the most talented player in the league imo there isn't anything he can't do and he makes City an attractive team to watch. They are an awful club and set of fans but i'm glad they've brought in some talented flair players like Silva and Balotelli, they're improving the league.

This, imagine how the league would be without the quality of people like Tevez and Silva? Man City may well end up 'saving' the Premier League.

David Silva is very likeable and is the most talented player in the league imo there isn't anything he can't do and he makes City an attractive team to watch. They are an awful club and set of fans but i'm glad they've brought in some talented flair players like Silva and Balotelli, they're improving the league.

This, imagine how the league would be without the quality of people like Tevez and Silva? Man City may well end up 'saving' the Premier League.

A league that looks a little less like a massive bubble waiting to burst. Man City aren't an attractive team to watch at all really, they just have a few players who are very interesting to watch.

Also what Wullie said. Man City may as well be a random (and very rich) foreign club that decided to move its base to Manchester.

Guest VegasToon

David Silva and Adam Johnson.

Tevez, while a fantastic player, is too much of a cunt.

+1

With all of the talent they have, they are a very boring team to watch.

There's my City-supporting mate and there's Joe Hart (due to the fact that England finally have a decent keeper).

Apart from the above, nothing else really. Mancini has really been pissing me off recently - t***.

Guest firetotheworks

I was kind of looking forward to seeing how good they could be as a sort of weird experiment. The problem is that they have two players I think are totally shit (Barry and SWP) One that left us (Given), one that disabled potentially our best player (De Jong), Balotelli, who already seems like a total prick, and a whole host of other players who just aren't good enough for the money spent. In terms of players I rate and like, it's purely Tevez, Silva, Johnson and Hart. I really don't like Mancini either. I don't think it'll be long before they're everyone's most hated team.

tbh i still have this small tiny part of me that clings on to liking city (mostly due to my father whos supported them long before i was around) but each day that goes by its harder to keep even remotely liking them.

whats the worst part of it for me is the damage it will do to the city academy in the long term, what was a fairly decent production line for players will likely badly suffer

I was kind of looking forward to seeing how good they could be as a sort of weird experiment. The problem is that they have two players I think are totally shit (Barry and SWP) One that left us (Given), one that disabled potentially our best player (De Jong), Balotelli, who already seems like a total prick, and a whole host of other players who just aren't good enough for the money spent. In terms of players I rate and like, it's purely Tevez, Silva, Johnson and Hart. I really don't like Mancini either. I don't think it'll be long before they're everyone's most hated team.

City won't even by my most hated club in Manchester in the next ten years, unless Manu spend a decade in the conference, nah fuck it they've had enough success to last a lifetime.

The most soul destroying feeling i get watching football is seeing Barcelona, Real Madrid, Celtic, Rangers, Man Utd et al batter everyone every week, every year. The idea that no one should challenge them is even worse. The great thing that set English football apart from most other leagues was that it was cyclical, virtually everyone could have their day at the top. Now you need tons of money to do that. It's hardly Germany but still a better situation than nobody else ever having a chance.

And I don't see how anyone has an opinion on Mancini either way, hardly controversial is he? But then I always thought Benitez was more of a clown than a cunt on the level of Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho too.

They spent loads of money on not-world-class players. It astounds me how they have spent so much and come out with players like Kolarov, Boateng, De Jong, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, Balotelli (good but not that good) and filth like Barry, SWP etc. Crazy.

The major problem seems to be team spirit. With so many new players coming in, the manager has to actively get involved in bonding everyone together. Trouble is, I don't think Mancini is that sort of manager.

They spent loads of money on not-world-class players. It astounds me how they have spent so much and come out with players like Kolarov, Boateng, De Jong, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta, Balotelli (good but not that good) and filth like Barry, SWP etc. Crazy.

tbf kompany and zabaleta were there before the takeover and are generally solid reliable squad members for them

tbf kompany and zabaleta were there before the takeover and are generally solid reliable squad members for them

Indeed they were. Fair enough :thup: