Newcastle vs Fulham - 3pm, 13/11/10

Decky

Just rewatching MoTD and they say Fulham haven't won an away league match in 15 months. I will be flabbergasted if they don't win, that stat is made for them to win against us.

Wasn't their last away win against us?

Anyway we really need the points. This game could go either way, fortunatly for us Fulham haven't been the same team since Hodgson left and are now a beatable team, or atleast a team I wouldn't be shocked if we beat them. On the other hand though, I wouldn't be shocked if they beat us. I have a Villa and Sunderland type feeling about this game.

Had a quick look to see that Fulham's last away win was against Pompey in the first game of the 2009/10 season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson Campbell/Williy Colo Enrique

Guthrie Nolan Smith Jonas

Ranger Carroll

This if Barton is suspended.

I hope that's not the midfield you want to see, as that's just suicide in this league. Nolan and Smith in the centre with Guthrie on the right?

That is an awful team

Aye. Guthrie on the right and Nolan and Smith in the middle would see us lose, no question.

Just rewatching MoTD and they say Fulham haven't won an away league match in 15 months. I will be flabbergasted if they don't win, that stat is made for them to win against us.

Wasn't their last away win against us?

Anyway we really need the points. This game could go either way, fortunatly for us Fulham haven't been the same team since Hodgson left and are now a beatable team, or atleast a team I wouldn't be shocked if we beat them. On the other hand though, I wouldn't be shocked if they beat us. I have a Villa and Sunderland type feeling about this game.

Had a quick look to see that Fulham's last away win was against Pompey in the first game of the 2009/10 season.

And before that, in May 2009..........

Now the dust is settling, I'd go with normal back 4 and assuming Shola's out,

Raylor Tiote Guthrie Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Raylor over Routledge to give us more quality on set pieces and crosses and a bit more defensive cover for Simpson. Routledge on if it's not working and we need more pace.

I look forward to seeing Guthrie back in CM where I still think he's a very decent player.

we've won 1 drawn 1 lost 3 in their last 5 visits, thats shite like. They're fucking appalling on the road.

Krul

Simpson Campbell/Williy Colo Enrique

Guthrie Nolan Smith Jonas

Ranger Carroll

This if Barton is suspended.

I hope that's not the midfield you want to see, as that's just suicide in this league. Nolan and Smith in the centre with Guthrie on the right?

No that's what I though it would be, but now that Tiote isn't suspended I think it will be Guthrie on the right and Nolan Tiote in the middle.

Probably not starting, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nile Ranger wide right in Barton's absence. We know our other combinations are fairly ineffective and whilst I don't think he knows what he's doing half the time, and he will concede possession cheaply now and then, he's also capable of a little bit penetrative force, pace and trickery down the right and a lucky bobble here or there might result in a goal.

i'd freshen up the side a bit,  give Sol a game in place of Williamson,  play Raylor on the right instead of Barton,  would go for that option rather than Routledge as he can put better crosses in, similar types of whipped in balls that Barton put in against West Ham.  Up front i'd be tempted to give Ranger a game with Shola struggling although could see Nolan pushed up and Guthrie in the middle.

i'd freshen up the side a bit,  give Sol a game in place of Williamson,  play Raylor on the right instead of Barton,  would go for that option rather than Routledge as he can put better crosses in, similar types of whipped in balls that Barton put in against West Ham.  Up front i'd be tempted to give Ranger a game with Shola struggling although could see Nolan pushed up and Guthrie in the middle.

Raylor? Are you for real?

Time to give that Spanish gay guy Xisco a chance?

Xisco as RM?

Guest palnese

I'd probably go:

--------------------Krul----------------------

Simpson------Willy-------Colo-------Jose

Routledge----Guthrie-----Tiote----Jonas

-------------Nolan---------Carroll----------

Tiote is suspended though.

:sadnod:

Haven't we learned that Nolan is only really effective popping up from central midfield? When he's essentially playing up front with a centre half assigned to mark him, he disappears. There's no way I'd play him up front.

I'd probably go:

:facepalm:

No he's not.

I'd probably go:

No he's not.

You're welcome Emre!

if i was picking someone to play on the right for Newcastle i would pick Raylor on one leg before even considering Xisco.

Haven't we learned that Nolan is only really effective popping up from central midfield? When he's essentially playing up front with a centre half assigned to mark him, he disappears. There's no way I'd play him up front.

Fair point but do we have any other option? Lovenkrands has disappeared in every game he's played this season and Ranger is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Guest palnese

I'd probably go:

No he's not.

Thought he got his 5th yellow last night?

EDIT: Didn't read the Tiote thread. Good news.

No need for the facepalm though.