Newcastle vs Fulham - 3pm, 13/11/10

Decky

...In one thread, give Chris a new contract - he has done a great job etc.

In this on.... lets slag his selection off before we have even kicked a ball.   We dont see the players on the training pitch, this might be the best we can do.

Have to agree however that I would prefer to see Guthrie in the middle as I am not sure he is going to offer too much cover for simpon down the right.  However, maybe he will start on the left, that would make the most sense.

Guthrie on the left would be the most stupid decision imo.

In this on.... lets slag his selection off before we have even kicked a ball.   We dont see the players on the training pitch, this might be the best we can do.

We see them on the actual pitch, which is where it matters.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Have to agree however that I would prefer to see Guthrie in the middle as I am not sure he is going to offer too much cover for simpon down the right.  However, maybe he will start on the left, that would make the most sense.

Guthrie on the left would be the most stupid decision imo.

At least he'd have Jose behind him that way and Jonas could attack Fulham's makeshift left back

Guthrie is in as much for his delivery and set pieces I would imagine. Also, with Nolan essentially playing just behind the front two, I guess Hughton wants a bit more resistance in midfield rather than an out and out winger. Not sure if it's the right decision though. Guess we'll find out. Lovenkrands ... well, he really needs to try and read Carroll's flick ons and do a bit of a better job playing off the last man. His pace could be useful if he does a better job than he has been.

That's a really risky team. Last chance saloon for Lovenkrands. I'm desperate for him to have a good game.

I can understand why you are. If he can link up effectively with Carroll and be a threat, the added pace upfront could be great for us. Just not sure we have anyone that can thread the ball through to him though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

That's a really risky team. Last chance saloon for Lovenkrands. I'm desperate for him to have a good game.

I can understand why you are. If he can link up effectively with Carroll and be a threat, the added pace upfront could be great for us. Just not sure we have anyone that can thread the ball through to him though.

He had a bit of a knack for being in the right place at the right time last season for some of his goals...I'm aware he hasn't impressed much this season, but I want him to do well as well today.