FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Stevenage (a) weekend of 8th January 2011

Decky

Holy shit.  I've mentioned it before,  but I live in Stevenage,  they're my local team & I go whenever possible.  Seriously never thought i'd have to put up with all that shit 13 years ago ever again.  Until today.  Fucking helllllll

Think that Stevenage have a new stadium they moved into recently.

Nope.  Same place,  just renamed as The Lamex stadium for money reasons.  Lamex is the chairmans other company.  And for the record,  Boro fans are decent people nowadays,  and have a good reputation among other league/non-league fans.  Don't let history,  and the fact that so many people who had no interest in the game or Stevenage sour that fact.

A review from an MK Dons fans visit just last week - http://www.footballgroundguide.com/stevenage/stevenage_review2.htm

I know i'll be fighting a losing battle over the next few weeks,  but,  yeah.  I'll be sticking up for Stevenage a fair bit :)

I hope we hammer them. Okay we hardly covered ourselves in glory the last time but they weren't the blameless non-league club they made themselves out to be, mainly due to that wanker of a chairman Victor Green. He dragged every discussion we had with them out into the public domain to make us seem entirely unreasonable, jumped into bed with the press and threw up a temporary stand that was probably held together with spittle and gaffa tape.

Anyway, thank fuck Hughton doesn't spout anywhere near as much shite as Kenny did.

I'm sure in Chris' research he'll learn all about the past. And he'll make sure it's set right.

Its the past,  though.  Its a new chairman (The previous one was a massive part of the problems),  new manager,  new players and mostly a new generation of fans.  Also,  Chris Hughton will know the club well.  Spurs used Broadhall Way for all of their reserve matches for several seasons,  ending a couple of seasons back.  A full strength Spurs team also played Stevenage in a friendly each season as part of that deal.