Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can it really go to a re- vote? I mean by the time people prepare bids, get the backing from their countries again, make the bids, then have a vote then you will pretty much need to be getting ground construction going straight away.

Can it really go to a re- vote? I mean by the time people prepare bids, get the backing from their countries again, make the bids, then have a vote then you will pretty much need to be getting ground construction going straight away.

Not if you just fucking don't give it to a country with no fucking stadiums. :dontknow:

It'll not go to a re vote, FIFA simply cannot afford the legal bill coming its way if they do take it off Qatar.

Do you know just how much money FIFA have stashed away? To quote John Oliver, their rainy day fund is so large they need to check it for swimming cartoon ducks.

It'll not go to a re vote, FIFA simply cannot afford the legal bill coming its way if they do take it off Qatar.

Do you know just how much money FIFA have stashed away? To quote John Oliver, their rainy day fund is so large they need to check it for swimming cartoon ducks.

£23bn worth? That's the latest figure Qatar would look to claim off FIFA. I'd love nothing more tbh, if it killed FIFA and a new governing body formed, a one answerable to its public.

£23bn worth? That's the latest figure Qatar would look to claim off FIFA. I'd love nothing more tbh, if it killed FIFA and a new governing body formed, a one answerable to its public.

Honestly don't think Qatar has a chance at claiming money back if it is proven beyond doubt that they bought the WC. "Oh, our fraud was seen through? Well they better pay us our money back."

It was just an all around mental decision, and because of that so fucking obvious to anyone that it was bought.

It makes about as much sense as hosting a rave in fucking Birkenau.

:badyao:

Honestly don't think Qatar has a chance at claiming money back if it is proven beyond doubt that they bought the WC. "Oh, our fraud was seen through? Well they better pay us our money back."

I'm not sure FIFA want to take that chance. All this came out right at the start, cash for votes, with bin hammed as well, they did nothing then and they'll do nowt now. Everyone has been paid, all too scared to be outed for their crimes to stand up and force this through.

Pretty confident most of the European countries with a major league could probably be ready to host it with a years notice.

Pretty confident most of the European countries with a major league could probably be ready to host it with a years notice.

It would probably go to France, Platini is in with Blatters and France are building/regenerating stadiums for the Euro's. Then again would Europe get it so soon after Russia (assuming Russia will still retain 2018)?

Only the USA could really host it without needing to build new stadia outside of Europe, that is if FIFA will allow the use of American football stadiums.

It would probably go to France, Platini is in with Blatters and France are building/regenerating stadiums for the Euro's. Then again would Europe get it so soon after Russia (assuming Russia will still retain 2018)?

Only the USA could really host it without needing to build new stadia outside of Europe, that is if FIFA will allow the use of American football stadiums.

They would. And all the other bids for 2022 (Australia, Japan, South Korea) already have the necessary stadia, I believe.

He's not though. Platini want Blatter to go. Blatter is also blatantly using this to get a new period in the sense of "Oh look at all these corrupt FIFA people, what a coincidence they mioght oppose me if I stand again for president. I never voted for Qatar you know. Go football!"

They could do it in weeks, not years.

its actually odd that there was this much time before the world cup, usually a decision is made roughly 7 years before they play it, plenty of time to do everything in theory but for some unfathomable reason they voted for 2 world cups at once so magically qatar had 12 years to prepare, what a strange coincidence........

I know it's not a nice thing to say, but it would be a lot easier for everyone if Blatter just popped his clogs, tomorrow. The man is a twunt = brought shame, greed and corruption to an organization who's roll should be to administrate - not make as much dodgy cash as possible,

I know it's not a nice thing to say, but it would be a lot easier for everyone if Blatter just popped his clogs, tomorrow. The man is a twunt = brought shame, greed and corruption to an organization who's roll should be to administrate - not make as much dodgy cash as possible,

It would really solve a lot of problems, for sure, but stripping Qatar 2022 is the watershed. If they get to keep it, FIFA wil be in the shit. If Qatar have the tournament stripped, FIFA are in the shit.

I think an endgame is approaching. All dynasties come to an end eventually. FIFA in its current form is clearly a criminal outift.

Would be a bit s*** if Japan or S Korea got it again so quickly after they last hosted it

I wouldn't mind those hosting again tbh, their fans were great last time to be fair.

I'd rather they got it than Australia or the US.

England would always be my first choice though. It's a crime that they haven't held one since 66 ffs. Definitely a country that'd be ready to hold it tomorrow if they had to.

Would be a bit s*** if Japan or S Korea got it again so quickly after they last hosted it

I wouldn't mind those hosting again tbh, their fans were great last time to be fair.

England would always be my first choice though. It's a crime that they haven't held one since 66 ffs. Definitely a country that'd be ready to hold it tomorrow if they had to.

Its never going to come here for a very long time, if Sepp Blatter stays in power th WC will be going to countries where stadiums need built and can be changed easily...

Its never going to come here for a very long time, if Sepp Blatter stays in power th WC will be going to countries where stadiums need built and can be changed easily...

I think France, Turkey, and Italy will all host a world cup before England gets a chance again.