Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone seen any decent wallcharts either for sale or included with magazines/papers that are out/due out? Preferably one where you fill in the group standings?

This one's okay, got the coverage on it. No standings though: https://www.facemediagroup.co.uk/uploads/templates/wallchart-sweepstakes/world_cup_2018_wallchart.pdf

:thup:

Next question - any sports shops selling a decent array of World Cup shirts that isn't our glorious overlord's emporium of tat?

Just realized this kicks off on a Thursday, bit weird.

Not really. Same as Brasil.

Really? Could have sworn that started on a Friday.

Nah, Brazil-Croatia on the Thursday. Holland raped Spain on the Friday

I complained about a similar campaign which involved Andy Murray hitting aces, sure I got pelters for it, can't remember if it was on here.

But yeah, just donate the maximum you were going to anyway.

Not for me to stick up for a corporate giant like Mastercard but they are the biggest private sector supporters of the World Food Programme and have committed to funding 100 million meals, this is just a bit of extra PR done badly.

Not for me to stick up for a corporate giant like Mastercard but they are the biggest private sector supporters of the World Food Programme and have committed to funding 100 million meals, this is just a bit of extra PR done badly.

Just rewriting their tweet to Justin Lockwood there :lol:

Australia's final 23 named - biggest stories were the inclusion of uncapped 19 year old Arzani and over-capped Tim Cahill. Ex-NUFC midfielder James Troisi was the most controversial axing, despite a loud cheer from me!

Socceroos final 23-man World Cup squad (don't laugh):

Goalkeepers: Brad Jones, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic

Defenders: Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, Mark Milligan, James Meredith, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury

Midfielders: Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Massimo Luongo, Aaron Mooy, Tom Rogic

Forwards: Daniel Arzani, Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Robbie Kruse, Mat Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos

Whoever put that together for the SBS website clearly think that wide = "Forward", because we certainly aren't taking eight strikers!

Just rewriting their tweet to Justin Lockwood there :lol:

Plenty of info on here https://www.wfp.org/news/news-release/mastercard-and-world-food-programme-announce-100-million-meals-commitment

Australia's final 23 named - biggest stories were the inclusion of uncapped 19 year old Arzani

Got capped yesterday.

Fair dos :thup: - the news didn't make the SBS match report, and their story called him uncapped.