West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Vuckic   Tiote   Jonas

Rout   Carroll   Ranger

And we might get a point.   

I made the same mistake, Vuckic must still have a knock as he isn't on the bench.

Would be a cracking idea to push Routledge further up as he has a decent eye for goal and would provide some pace.

Probably the laziest performance from any team i've ever seen. Honestly, what the fuck was that?

We need to pack thoofing it up the pitch in aswell, Carroll more often than not wins the ball but heads into fucking no-mans land, literaly EVERY time we've went long we've conceded posession.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why are people suggesting we bring a player on that's not even in the squad? I'd prefer Ben Arfa myself.

Supposedly he can walk unaided now. He'd be better than Jonas then.

He'll be walking on water again in no time!

Guthrie is just so immobile that we are getting stretched far too much in midfield leaving us exposed no end. Missing Barton a lot. Also, there's such a large gap between our strikers and midfield that its impossible for us to keep the ball and start an attack when we just lump it up to the lethargic pairing of Carroll and Shola. Bring Ranger on for Ameobi and shoot Guthrie preferably.

Hopefully this gives us the kick up the arse we normally need.

Guest SuperShola!

Why are people suggesting we bring a player on that's not even in the squad? I'd prefer Ben Arfa myself.

Messi.

Didn't realise he wasn't.  In fact our bench looks terrible...

Soderberg, Kadar, Perch, Smith, Best, Lovenkrands, Ranger.

Wow. That was a terrible half.

Thought we'd miss Barton going into this, but the person we've missed most is Nolan IMO. A midfielder willing to go forward and give the opposition something to worry about. Really losing patience with Guthrie - he's the new Jermaine Jenas without any of the fitness, sideways passes all day until we lose possession and then he becomes an even bigger passenger. Chance to redeem himself with a set piece delivery and he ballses it up.

Routledge anonymous.

Given our lack of options on bench, were it not for my faith in Hughton, I'd be tempted to take a 1-0 loss at this point.

Seriously depressing half, and their fitness looks top class compared to ours. Thank fuck for Jose or we'd be dead and buried.

Preposterous decision to play Shola, yet again.

He does nothing. For 9/10 of the game where we had no possession, he half heartedly wanders around the pitch, trying to close down the ball- he loses every single fucking header as well

To be fair if we brought on a player who isn't in the squad it would probably improve things.