*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

who in the championship has premiership experience or who in the same said championship would make a decent manager for us and able to work at the same tight restraints that Ashley works to, as I believe thats where he's coming from.

It is a fact that Hughton had put the club in a significantly more secure position than we were when he took the reins.

It is a fact that he had got every key player to play at the best of their ability.

It is a fact that he transformed a youngster who looked like failing into an England international.

It is a fact that he created a team ethic that we haven't seen for years.

It is a fact that his transfers in the Championship helped secure our promotion when we were running out of steam.

It is a fact that the only money spent on our Premier League team was spent on one of the best newcomers to the Premier League and the best defensive midfielder this club has had for years.

It is a fact that we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton away, and put over 5 goals past Sunderland and Aston Villa.

It is a fact that recent bad results have coincided with injuries and suspensions.

It is a fact that if we had done much better we'd be in the European places.

It is a fact that there was a club statement over the summer stating that the club should not be expecting an immediate challenge for Europe.

It is a fact that Ashley and Llambias are the biggest idiots ever.

Now it is clear that Ashley didn't have any real confidence in Hughton. Let us hope that this is maybe the reason that the purse strings were so tight in the summer. He is now in a position where he can again hire exactly who he wants, so when he does let's hope he at least gives him a bit more in the coming window. This time make it clear the kind of players to be brought to the club beforehand too!

i know there's such a thing hoping for the best but surely you would've learned your lesson about ashley by now?  :lol:

Hope is all we have.

Now it is clear that Ashley didn't have any real confidence in Hughton. Let us hope that this is maybe the reason that the purse strings were so tight in the summer. He is now in a position where he can again hire exactly who he wants, so when he does let's hope he at least gives him a bit more in the coming window. This time make it clear the kind of players to be brought to the club beforehand too!

i know there's such a thing hoping for the best but surely you would've learned your lesson about ashley by now?  :lol:

Hope is all we have.

there is no hope we're doomed doomed I say! repent all ye sinners the end is nigh!

Everyone seems to be banging on about MA doing this to Spite the fans (and because he can).

One thing I will say is.....

Would you, as a chairman be happy with whats happening this season? We had resounding wins against Villa and the Mackems, Hard fought for wins against Everton and Arsenal ......................

AND THEN

hammered by Bolton and West Brom. Unnacceptable losses against Blackpool and Stoke and a couple of rather nasty draws against Fulham and Wolves.

Given the wins we had surely we should have annihilated the teams we drew/lost against?

I know we drew against Chelsea in the league, but hey everyone is drawing / Beating Chelsea at the moment. I know we beat them in the cup (which was a fantastic result) but we then got spanked by the Gooners.

What would you do if you were in Ashleys shoes? stick with it and hope it gets better or make change?

If I was a chairman with any clue at all about Football I'd see the corelation between the recent bad results and certain players missing from the team who will be returning shortly.  I'd also realise that we've got around half the points neccesary to stay up in under half the season and I'd stick with the manager.  There was no big crisis here, no need to just hope it was going to get better, there was no big problem until that fat cunt just created it.

Hope is all we have.

i thought the purse strings were tight because we were still running at a massive loss which he funded.

That summarizes my feelings exactly. Hughton deserved better, and I'm sure we'll see him back leading another club soon.

It is a fact that Hughton had put the club in a significantly more secure position than we were when he took the reins.

It is a fact that he had got every key player to play at the best of their ability.

It is a fact that he transformed a youngster who looked like failing into an England international.

It is a fact that his transfers in the Championship helped secure our promotion when we were running out of steam.

It is a fact that the only money spent on our Premier League team was spent on one of the best newcomers to the Premier League and the best defensive midfielder this club has had for years.

It is a fact that we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton away, and put over 5 goals past Sunderland and Aston Villa.

It is a fact that recent bad results have coincided with injuries and suspensions.

It is a fact that there was a club statement over the summer stating that the club should not be expecting an immediate challenge for Europe.

If they've been thinking Hughton isn't the man long term over the last few days why give Ranger and Williamson 5 and a half year contracts only 3 days ago.. the board are utterly clueless

Exactly what I said yesterday in the boozer. Who the fuck is authorising 5+ year contracts when the manager only has (or had) 6 months?

Hope is all we have.

:weep:

you're going to love Pardew. who did he start instead of Tevez and Mascherano?

This. Though it wouldn't be the first time the club has made a contradictory statement.

This needs to be a sign, the biggest sign ever, drape it over those fucking SportsDirect logos.