Chris Hughton

stozo

Guest toonlass

Thank you Chris for taking a club that was on the point of meltdown after Ashley's last fuck up and not just leading us to promotion but to hammering the league. Thank you for letting me witness a season unbeaten at home. Thank you for the demolition of the mackems! You will live long in our memories for that alone. Thank you for Everton, Chelsea in the league cup, Aston Villa at home and Arsenal qt the Emirates. Thank you for getting rid of the money obsessed, lazy, over-confident idiots and taking a group of lads who wanted to get Newcastle back up and forging a strong, close knitted team out of them. Thank you for being a gentleman and an all round decent guy. Thanks for the memories Chris.

Thank you Chris for taking a club that was on the point of meltdown after Ashley's last f*** up and not just leading us to promotion but to hammering the league. Thank you for letting me witness a season unbeaten at home. Thank you for the demolition of the mackems! You will live long in our memories for that alone. Thank you for Everton, Chelsea in the league cup, Aston Villa at home and Arsenal qt the Emirates. Thank you for getting rid of the money obsessed, lazy, over-confident idiots and taking a group of lads who wanted to get Newcastle back up and forging a strong, close knitted team out of them. Thank you for being a gentleman and an all round decent guy. Thanks for the memories Chris.

:clap:

Very well put.

Thank you Chris for taking a club that was on the point of meltdown after Ashley's last fuck up and not just leading us to promotion but to hammering the league. Thank you for letting me witness a season unbeaten at home. Thank you for the demolition of the mackems! You will live long in our memories for that alone. Thank you for Everton, Chelsea in the league cup, Aston Villa at home and Arsenal qt the Emirates. Thank you for getting rid of the money obsessed, lazy, over-confident idiots and taking a group of lads who wanted to get Newcastle back up and forging a strong, close knitted team out of them. Thank you for being a gentleman and an all round decent guy. Thanks for the memories Chris.

Thanks also for bringing players like jose and Carroll up to the level they are at now and also keeping Carroll's feet on the ground. I have no doubt that this sacking will stunt their development also and if they don't leave then set them back a good couple of years. Bye Ben Arfa too. 

one of the reasons i warmed to him was that he kept an open mind rather than the patronising "gaffer knows best" attitude you'd get from Allardyce or SOuness.

ie all the fans knew we needed a right-winger last january and he went out and bought Routledge who'd arguably been the league's best right winger up til that point. your souness would've just said that wingers no longer exist in the modern game and allardyce would've gone and signed amdy faye.

similarly, after seeing Smith, Butt, Nolan and Guthrie labour through games last season everyone knew we needed to inject a bit of pace and energy into the side, especially to help the sluggish Nolan, and he went and signed Tiote and Ben Arfa.

probably the first manager since Robson (well keegan never got a chance) who seemed to sense exactly what was needed. i was mega skeptical when he was first given the job but the way he went about things, particularly from january transfer window onwards, i just cant fault.

Spot on.

yes thanks CH for the promotion, am sure this is the start of a long and sucessful management career.

WOuld like to see you in charge of england some day.  SHame it wasnt working for you at nufc atmo.

SO long and thanks for the memories)

You should be on some sort of medication.

one of the reasons i warmed to him was that he kept an open mind rather than the patronising "gaffer knows best" attitude you'd get from Allardyce or SOuness.

ie all the fans knew we needed a right-winger last january and he went out and bought Routledge who'd arguably been the league's best right winger up til that point. your souness would've just said that wingers no longer exist in the modern game and allardyce would've gone and signed amdy faye.

similarly, after seeing Smith, Butt, Nolan and Guthrie labour through games last season everyone knew we needed to inject a bit of pace and energy into the side, especially to help the sluggish Nolan, and he went and signed Tiote and Ben Arfa.

probably the first manager since Robson (well keegan never got a chance) who seemed to sense exactly what was needed. i was mega skeptical when he was first given the job but the way he went about things, particularly from january transfer window onwards, i just cant fault.

Spot on.

Furthermore Johnny, what really pissed me off on here over the last few months was that people would always point the exact opposite criticism of him, that he wasn't learning from his mistakes. Anyone with half a brain cell could see he was learning as a manager and getting better and better imo. Five fucking games don't change that, just like Moyes and Ancelotti haven't gone to pot just because they're in similar form.

yes thanks CH for the promotion, am sure this is the start of a long and sucessful management career.

WOuld like to see you in charge of england some day.  SHame it wasnt working for you at nufc atmo.

SO long and thanks for the memories)

You should be on some sort of medication.

:lol:

In charge of England this week, last week was title/CL, the week before was relegation :lol:

He's well out of this place. Hope he finds a club that deserves a man and a manager like him. Today I am ashamed to support Newcastle United. I want my club back.

Spot on.

Thanks for the memories Chris. :(

Furthermore Johnny, what really pissed me off on here over the last few months was that people would always point the exact opposite criticism of him, that he wasn't learning from his mistakes. Anyone with half a brain cell could see he was learning as a manager and getting better and better imo. Five fucking games don't change that, just like Moyes and Ancelotti haven't gone to pot just because they're in similar form.

agreed, i never really bought that criticism either - to me he had an exceptionally open mind, probably due to his lack of ego, he was always open to trying new things. i mean putting Ameobi up top in the first place was a change from the 4-5-1 we used at the start of the season. and it's not like there were a host of other alternatives. going back even further, i seem to remember Hughton being the one to drop Owen - only for Shearer to come in and undo that piece of good work. Or look at how he treated Alan Smith - every ex-player, pundit and "gaffer" type british manager was telling us how great a player Smith was, how he was going to be essential to us staying up - yet Hughton made it a priority to remove him from the side and bring in someone better.

there were games he deserved criticism - but the same applies to fergie or wenger too. given the limited resources he was doing quite well. now i wasn't entirely convinced with Hughton cos i think it remained to be seen what kind of manager he'd ultimately become - but so far the signs were extremely promising. i reckon if he goes elsewhere he'll mature in a couple of years time into a formidable manager.

you also have to question how the instability of his own position impacted on his authority. losing his number 2 and not being allowed to replace him, even when we already had a threadbare staff, meant we were probably behind every other premiership club when it came to game preparation. he's just one man but was being asked to do the job of 3 or 4 members of staff.

Well done Chris - you took over a club that was rotten both on and off the field and turned them into champions, pissing a league that we were being told was hard to get out of.  Performed admirably with the minute backing you received, but unfortuantely you were unable to take a team that was based around a squad that got us relegated to the top of the league and win every match.

Hope he gets a job with a decent club that are willing to give him the backing that he deserves.

Absolutely gutted, there is no room for sentiment in football blah blah blah but for me this is HIS job, I was confident he was the man to take us forward.

A true gent and I am fucking gutted, it actually hurts.

Guest firetotheworks

Being associated with NUFC is horrible today. Ashley has brought shame on all of us. Hughton deserves so much better, and will hopefully get it. Thank you for everything you've done for us. In my eyes you saved us from your boss and from relegation, and would have continued to do so. Your time at Newcastle should never be understated, but with a grim looking future looks to have only delayed the inevitable. Legend. Ashley out.

I actually feel sick to my stomach that the club have done this to him, after all he's done for us. Seeing those pictures of him leaving on SSN was awful. It's really starting to feel like being under the Tyranny of Oliver Hardy supporting this club.