Alan Pardew

JH

On the Harper front, I have my doubts Krul would have kept his place under Hughton anyway.

Agree there, said so all along.

Any particular reason why not? Krul has been fairly solid during a sustained run in the side. I can't see there's much justification for dropping him unless he starts making mistakes.

He's had a few dodgy games recently, still learning, Harper is still no. 1.

Not necessarily my opinion, but I could see Hughton restoring Harper.

Personally I think Harper would have just as many dodgy games if the level Krul is performing at is considered dodgy.

being fair he spoke reasonably well, now lets see what he has to offer to the team

Have to agree. Better than I expected.  And it sounded like he has fought his corner a bit in negotiations, on his staff and especially over Carroll. Time will tell how much they support him on that, of course.

he's lying. he's being paid to be ashley's public face. he's there because he's been told that he has no say in who comes or goes and he accepted the job.

To be honest, I thought he looked scared in his interviews, but I actually get the feeling he's been lied to... and has bought into Ashley's plan (re: not selling Carroll etc etc). Wonder if he knows what Ashley and Llambias really want or if he's just another in a long line of managers being strung along.

I think he's probably just been taken back by the hostile environment he's walked into.

How can anybody think he spoke well at all?

He got Hughton's name wrong, called Newcastle a town, declared that St' James' sits on top a hill and then proceeded to lie through his teeth about everything in the most blindly obvious manner possible. Saying he heard first on Tuesday about the job, saying he had to fight to get a 5.5 year contract etc... it's all mind-numbing bollocks. I thought he looked rightfully uncomfortable and almost apologetic that he'd ended up with the job. The man knows he's knee deep in a disaster waiting to happen, knows the fans and the players are going to hate him but also knows he's currently desperate for any kind of managerial job and knows that being puppet to Ashley's masterplan is his best option.

Guest Ridzuan

To be honest, I thought he looked scared in his interviews, but I actually get the feeling he's been lied to... and has bought into Ashley's plan (re: not selling Carroll etc etc). Wonder if he knows what Ashley and Llambias really want or if he's just another in a long line of managers being strung along.

I think he's probably just been taken back by the hostile environment he's walked into.

He would be completely delusional if he had expected otherwise given his record.

He would be completely delusional if he had expected otherwise given his record.

He's always struck me as delusional to be fair.

I've turned on this one. I think he spoke really well and I actually think he'll do a good job, I liked Hughton wasn't up to it if I'm honest with myself, let's get behind him and give him a chance!

Graham Courtney on talksports reckons that the players feel the same as the fans about the appointment

Why wouldn't they?

Remember Given saying he was "underwhelmed" when Kinnear was appointed. Would expect something similar this time around.

I wonder if they'll all be called mercenary cunts when they leave as well.  :undecided: