Alan Pardew

JH

I did a stadium tour a couple of seasons ago during our horrible period of instability/relegation - the woman was basically making excuses for how shite we were, and the tactics board in the changing room had stuff like Smith marking Modric. It wasn't a good time to do a tour.

I did a stadium tour a couple of seasons ago during our horrible period of instability/relegation - the woman was basically making excuses for how s**** we were, and the tactics board in the changing room had stuff like Smith marking Modric. It wasn't a good time to do a tour.

:lol:

I did a stadium tour a couple of seasons ago during our horrible period of instability/relegation - the woman was basically making excuses for how s**** we were, and the tactics board in the changing room had stuff like Smith marking Modric. It wasn't a good time to do a tour.

:lol:

And all the shirts we had photos taken next to belonged to players that fucked off a couple of months later. I'll always treasure my pic next to Martins'.

Sounded like a great experience :laugh:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his respect for Alan Pardew, as the Newcastle boss prepares to bring his side to Old Trafford on Saturday.

The Magpies have performed above expectations so far this season, sitting fourth in the Premier League having suffered only one defeat, in their most recent game against Manchester City, and the Red Devils coach believes Pardew deserves praise for his achievements.

“I’ve always respected Alan Pardew, I’ve always rated him,” Ferguson told his club’s official website.

“I think he was unfairly treated at West Ham and at Southampton, it was ridiculous actually. He took West Ham to the FA Cup final and was one minute away from winning the cup. He was so unlucky.”

Pardew was sacked from his job at Upton Park in 2006 after losing on penalties in the cup final, and then went on to win the Football League Trophy with Southampton in 2009-10 before being ousted shortly afterwards.

The 50-year-old took the reins at Newcastle after the departure of Chris Hughton in December 2010.

“Alan’s done a great job at Newcastle,” Ferguson continued. “He’s galvanised them and got them fighting for each other.

“I watched their recent 2-2 draw at home to Tottenham and it was a great game, end to end, with both teams trying to win. There was a really good attitude among both sets of players. They were fighting for every ball.

“When you’ve got a Newcastle team doing that, with their great support behind them, you know you’re going to get a difficult game.”

Despite his admiration for Pardew, the Scottish manager will be hoping for a repeat of the last time the two coaches went head-to-head, in which Pardew’s Charlton side lost 2-0 to United in February 2007.

Loved his pre-match press conference this week. Sounds cautiously optimistic, which is just the right attitude going into a game like this. Says we were good against City, but not good enough and that the players feels that as well, and that we need to iron out the mistakes. No beating around the bush, just honest and true answers. So refreshing :thup:

Loved his pre-match press conference this week. Sounds cautiously optimistic, which is just the right attitude going into a game like this. Says we were good against City, but not good enough and that the players feels that as well, and that we need to iron out the mistakes. No beating around the bush, just honest and true answers. So refreshing :thup:

Anywhere you can watch it or was it on nufctv?

Agree...

Though I would have kind of loved it if he had gone WE WILL CRUSH THEM!

Interesting article:

http://football365.com/f365-features/7332559/F365-Focus

Only Ferguson currently has longer odds than Pardew for the sack.  Bruce now only 4/1

Would be nice to know if Chelsea are mad enough to buy a manager for £15m then sack him after less than half a season. His payoff would probably be another £15m. Makes the carroll and Torres deals look sane.

Would be nice to know if Chelsea are mad enough to buy a manager for £15m then sack him after less than half a season. His payoff would probably be another £15m. Makes the carroll and Torres deals look sane.

I heard a stat last night that said that Chelsea have paid more in compensation to managers they've sacked, than Arsene Wenger has spent on players in his time at Arsenal.

I heard a stat last night that said that Chelsea have paid more in compensation to managers they've sacked, than Arsene Wenger has spent on players in his time at Arsenal.

More than likely made up, but more than likely very true.  :lol:

They need to stick with avb, give him their backing and build for the future. Chelsea squad is ancient.